Words that make you squirm Page 2

Sick

I like things that *are* fresh, obviously!

I just don't like the word itself. Similarly, Keewick says he(/she?) hates the word flesh, and I'm not keen on that one either now I think of it.

:| Mould, death, decay, any will make me crumble into despair..

Gay. A perfectly good word before it was hijacked. The one syllable reason is no excuse for it, bent and queer are one syllable words and far more approriate. You cannot use the word in its true meaning now, which I think is sad and disgusting. If you do, you get funny looks.

Snog. An ugly word for something nice.

Quote: keewik @ March 12 2011, 8:31 PM GMT

Apologies if this has been done before.

Indeed it has, but when the fountain nymphs within the wood melt into tearful waters, then the goats and sheep leave their pastures for the many sobbing streams.

Words that Should be Illegal

Words You Hate

I'm not fond of hearing "global warming" being mentioned as a cause of earthquakes.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ March 13 2011, 5:02 AM GMT

Gay. A perfectly good word before it was hijacked. The one syllable reason is no excuse for it, bent and queer are one syllable words and far more approriate. You cannot use the word in its true meaning now, which I think is sad and disgusting. If you do, you get funny looks.

Sometimes I can't tell whether or not you're a 70 sitcom character. Today I'm leaning towards "must be".

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ March 13 2011, 5:02 AM GMT

You're not alone...

The word 'literally' when misused. Do some people actually know what the f**king word means?

Quote: Rob H @ March 13 2011, 11:56 AM GMT

The word 'literally' when misused. Do some people actually know what the f**king word means?

You're not alone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ly1UTgiBXM

Quote: David Bussell @ March 13 2011, 12:03 PM GMT

You're not alone...

You're not alone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POv-3yIPSWc

More of a saying than word but 'correct me if Im wrong' - you just know there is no way they think they are wrong...Grrrr

Baby when people pronounce it so it rhymes with abbey.

Babby?

Quote: The Cool Mikado @ March 13 2011, 11:47 AM GMT

You're not alone...

They're not alone either.

Why Did They Have to Take the Word Gay?

Minger and munter. Seems cruel to have words that single out the mingers and munters.

Quote: Lee Henman @ March 13 2011, 1:01 AM GMT

The one I hate most though is "I could care less" instead of "I couldn't care less". It's not only annoying, it makes no sense whatsoever in the context it's normally used.