Back to Class (Radio Series) Page 8

Quote: James Cotter @ March 14 2011, 4:43 PM GMT

No I'm going to read the dictionary as a audiobook in various different voices which actually just sound like one.

I think so.

:D Good man!

Quote: Marc P @ March 14 2011, 4:32 PM GMT

Sorry James I must have misunderstood fantastic and brilliant characters to be impressive in some way. :)

Well done on the 75£ squid so far - that is impressive!

I know they are brilliant and fantastic characters, they aren't complete yet but well on the way and I am very pleased with how things are going :) they have come so far since I first created the show. Mark and Keith could be improved slightly but the way James plays Mark is BRILLIANT. And the majority of our audience think so as well :)

Quote: Dan Pearce @ March 15 2011, 8:40 PM GMT

I know they are brilliant and fantastic characters, they aren't complete yet but well on the way and I am very pleased with how things are going :) they have come so far since I first created the show. Mark and Keith could be improved slightly but the way James plays Mark is BRILLIANT. And the majority of our audience think so as well :)

I guess the audience of comedy writers here on BCG doesn't really count Whistling nnocently

What kind of Uni grades do you get for your stuff, James?

Good question!

Quote: Dan Pearce @ March 15 2011, 8:40 PM GMT

No they're not.

Writing is rewriting frnakly that applies to the greats as well as the rest of us.
They're on their way, they're not even close to completion.

James always gets very good grades in his Uni work and I never said the BCG audience doesn't matter I just meant you are a small piece of that audience. We have had feedback from many more people in the industry and the majority say the characters are well on their way.

James always gets very good grades in his Uni work and I never said the BCG audience doesn't matter I just meant you are a small piece of that audience. We have had feedback from many more people in the industry and the majority say the characters are well on their way.

Quote: Dan Pearce @ March 16 2011, 10:03 AM GMT

When you say you have feedback from the industry have you submitted this somewhere then?

Quote: Dan Pearce @ March 16 2011, 10:03 AM GMT

I had another listen, thinking that if I could make it long enough I could discover the humour (and get beyond the accent) -I guess I'm not sure why you and James are re-visiting material you made for a high school level course. Some things are worth spending energy on, some are not and you just need to mark it down as experience and move on.

The comic relief donation is commendable and bravo to you both- I just noticed you're up to 800 views, well done- however, as far as using this as a showcase piece, this misses the mark for performance, writing and editing. You should reserve showcase for your very best work. While you have both got a couple of years under your belts since the video version, the material is still lacking in substance, and it's just not very funny (or funny often enough) or believable. It may be funny to you and James, but not to a general audience - including most people offering advice here. But what do we know anyway, since there are 'many more people in the industry' who disagree.

Ok well thank you for your feedback and no matter how negative I will never stop believing in Back to Class until a producer tells us it will never be made. I would never hold James back in his career and if he didn't think BTC was worth his time of day he wouldn't bother either! If he did then there would be nomore Back to Class. And I appreciate each and every one of your comments as you are an audience. So ask James if he also believes in the sitcom and the characters? If not you have your answer :)

Dan

Who is this James Cotter?

Quote: Chopz @ March 17 2011, 2:25 PM GMT

Who is this James Cotter?

http://www.youtube.com/user/cotterj99#p/c/B2E6FBB40D1F49E2/0/cGBvO0N953Y

Quote: David Bussell @ March 17 2011, 2:33 PM GMT

Lol

Just had a listen from start to finish, sorry but not my cuppa.

Also I kinda felt mislead as your rednoseday page says 'I'm doing something funny for money'

But well done all the same.

Quote: David Bussell @ March 17 2011, 2:33 PM GMT

Is James Cotter a real person or a comedy creation?

James is real.