Me

Hi I've been posting stuff on these forums and the site for yonks but now I'm gonna come out. My name is Michael Monkhouse (no tired references to Bob please), I was born and bred in the UK but have spent many (crap) years in Germany and more (fine) years in Italy. I've published a couple of reviews on this site, do a bit of acting and stand-up, and have written lots of sketches, fiction and a sitcom. This place is a great way for me to find out about the current state of UK comedy especially as Italians never really got past the Benny hill stage. My only weak comedy point is a fondness for 'Filthy Rich and Catflap' over 'Bottom', but nobody's perfect.
See you soon

A formal "hello" to you sir although you seem like an old friend.

I'm not sure if I need to say welcome then! :) But Hello.

Did you meet anyone who went on to be famous in Footlights?

Offical Welcome Pal

You seem a jolly nice lot.
When I was at Footlights it was hot on the 'oooh I've met Stephen Fry and he's gonna put a nice word in for me at the BBC' and cool on the comedy but I do see the odd name. And I mean odd.

Welcome to the boards. Even though you've been here longer then me. And I don't say those last three words very often. (damn a charley-ism)

hello-and I hope you like it here :D

Hi Michael...

Hello there Mr Monkhouse. I hope you lurrrve your time here with us.

Darren! Have you turned gayo too. *sings like a 5 year old* Levill& Darren on the girlie pirate ship, playing with one anothers wick..
Sorry guys. I am immature. I cant help it. LOL
I am also incredibly jealous. I dont want all the men in the world leaving on a pirate ship. Whose gonna play with me huh, eh, huh?

*Deep uncontrolable sobs*

I thought you were on the ship? If that's the case, you've got Leevil and I trapped on here with you... Oh hang on, what am I saying? HELLLLP!

And for the record, I have never played with another man's wick... :D

Noooo! I am not on the ship. I am a land pirate. I raise money for them by flogging their pirate dvd's.

Lol!

I always wondered how they funded their piratey ways...

Whistling nnocently

Hi there Michael,

I really enjoy reading your sketches and good luck with all your projects:D

Hey! And nice to finally meet you! :)

A little late but welcome to the Remploy alternate, Mr Monkhouse.