Bob's Burgers Page 2

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 25 2011, 12:56 PM GMT

What's wrong with the way the Simpsons is drawn???

You're kidding right?

Quote: Nil Putters @ January 25 2011, 1:10 PM GMT

*puts Will Cam in sleeper hold*

Why mention anything?

Laughing out loud

Quote: Godot Taxis @ January 25 2011, 1:47 PM GMT

You're kidding right?

Um, no. Works for the show and looks fine to me. And millions of others, I assume.

It's always a bit scary though when one of those strangely drawn very early Simpsons episodes comes on.

Quote: zooo @ January 25 2011, 1:57 PM GMT

It's always a bit scary though when one of those strangely drawn very early Simpsons episodes comes on.

Sure, but those are twenty years old! Homer never sounds quite right in those first few ones either.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 25 2011, 1:51 PM GMT

Um, no. Works for the show and looks fine to me. And millions of others, I assume.

You just don't think about anything for longer than two seconds do you? 'Works for the show'. The show is what it is. It never existed with better drawn characters. They're f**king yellow. They're ugly as f**k. They add nothing.

'Millions of others' Never assume your lazy, thoughtless mindset is reproduced anywhere else a millionfold. No doubt some people love the creepy f**ked Simpson drawings ('They're different') but that doesn't make them good. They add nothing - the Simpsons has been successful entirely because of it's writing.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ January 25 2011, 2:22 PM GMT

You just don't think about anything for longer than two seconds do you? 'Works for the show'. The show is what it is. It never existed with better drawn characters. They're f**king yellow. They're ugly as f**k. They add nothing.

'Millions of others' Never assume your lazy, thoughtless mindset is reproduced anywhere else a millionfold. No doubt some people love the creepy f**ked Simpson drawings ('They're different') but that doesn't make them good. They add nothing - the Simpsons has been successful entirely because of it's writing.

Don't be such a c**t. I know it's hard, but give it a go. You could have put across exactly the same thing without the need to try and insult me.

Watching this conversation is like watching Dorian Gray's picture yelling at him in an attic.

Quote: David Bussell @ January 25 2011, 2:24 PM GMT

Watching this conversation is like watching Dorian Gray's picture yelling at him in an attic.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

The Simpsons are yellow! I thought I was just unlucky with TV sets all these years. Now I geddit!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 25 2011, 2:23 PM GMT

Don't be such a c**t. I know it's hard, but give it a go. You could have put across exactly the same thing without the need to try and insult me.

You need to look at how you write. Your comments are often hugely dismissive in a passively aggressive way. In your previous post you expressed surprise that anyone would find the drawings unsuitable, stated they worked for you and expressed the view that you believed they worked for millions of other people too - ie essentially everyone... except me.

You may well love the Simpson drawings, but I don't think you do, rather you have a problem with them being criticised. I don't have a problem with you taking that position but it's wearying when it's so knee-jerk, is never backed up with any analysis and delivered with such languorous dismissiveness. In a spate of recent threads you've actually been posting 'Who cares' in response to posters.

As a moderator, I'm going to have to butt in an say:

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

Isn't there a Simpsons thread for all this? Whistling nnocently

Quote: Godot Taxis @ January 25 2011, 2:53 PM GMT

You need to look at how you write.

Laughing out loud Now that is ironic! Let's leave it there shall we; there were a few posts, you decided to insult me, I said a naughty word back, and there we have it. I'm passive aggressive, you're angry, old and mean.

Quote: Nil Putters @ January 25 2011, 2:59 PM GMT

Isn't there a Simpsons thread for all this? Whistling nnocently

Sorry Nil.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 25 2011, 3:07 PM GMT

Laughing out loud Now that is ironic! Let's leave it there shall we; there were a few posts, you decided to insult me, I said a naughty word back, and there we have it. I'm passive aggressive, you're angry and mean.

It isn't ironic at all. I don't have delusions about how I come across. I am an argumentative and aggressive bastard. It's not strange that I'm angry, rather that I bother venting my anger here.

Nevertheless some people enjoy it. I doubt anyone enjoys your 'who cares' posts.

Quote: Leevil @ January 25 2011, 2:56 PM GMT

As a moderator, I'm going to have to butt in an say:

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

:D

Quote: Godot Taxis @ January 25 2011, 3:18 PM GMT

Nevertheless some people enjoy it. I doubt anyone enjoys your 'who cares' posts.

I'm very, very tempted . . .

At least you've decided to put across your points without the need for name calling now; progress!

Quote: Godot Taxis @ January 25 2011, 3:18 PM GMT

I don't have delusions about how I come across.

Nor me.