How Important Is The Writer? Page 4

Quote: ajp29 @ May 31, 2007, 9:36 PM

Thats a pretty big chunk of the script isn't it?

Well, do you think that Christopher Guest made up the fact that the amplifier goes up to 11 on the spot?

In order of importance, dialogue is the lowest. Thats why they always say write the dialogue last in a scene. The meaning of the scene, the number of characters and what they need to do/joke is already written. Its just the actors are free to get from a to b in their own way. I'm surprised that isn't well known.

Watch a silent movie - they can be just as funny, no dialogue.

Quote: ajp29 @ May 31, 2007, 11:53 PM

Blasphomey

Not really. I could have said "Shit Sandwich". (apologies to Leevil)

I ate a Shit Sandwich, the other day. Not literally of course. It was just of poor quality.

How do you define good quality in a sandwich? Is it the content, the type of bread, the amount of spread - ie butter or margarine type product.

And who made it? Probably you as your writing is crap (Just to join in the personal attacks which seem to be fashioable at present)

If it tastes good. Or leaves you wanting more. Or vice versa.

The bread was a little dry, that was all but it threw the whole sandwich off balance.

OK - let's see what your favourite sandwiches are.

Mine is the cliched Prawn Cocktail - and I'm sure Charley likes the same.

This is a little off topic, but BLT, as long as there's no mayo. Thanks for asking.

The humble cheese sandwich.

I actually have a top 10 run down of my favourite sandwiches on myspace blog thingy.

Oh I must look there immediately.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=151964832&blogID=268524064&MyToken=9a96f4fc-f7a8-4aa7-bdbb-0bbc8dfbd484

Sorry - I'm not feeling hungry at the moment!

Who voted? no.5 is an outrage! cheese and ham better then Cheese & Salt 'n Vinegar Crisps laughable :D

Who voted? Me and my belly!

Your telling me with a straight face, cheese and ham is better then Cheese & Salt 'n Vinegar Crisps. I mean at the end of the day its your opinion...but it's wrong ;)