Do you prefer Naked Video or Armstrong and Miller?

I ask this question because my plan for when I get into comedy is to do a sketch show that is similar to Naked Video, so comedy could take a break from the Armstrong and Miller-type sketch shows that seem far too common these days. And so I wanted to check that if I did get to do a programe like this, would it appeal to anyone?

There are 60 million people in the UK and I can't speak for all of them but I liked Naked Video.

1 down.

59,999,999 to go.

I have never seen Naked Video.

I think it's the question everyone is asking. I'm not sure of the answer though.

Quote: His Own Devices @ December 16 2010, 7:13 PM GMT

I ask this question because my plan for when I get into comedy is to do a sketch show that is similar to Naked Video, so comedy could take a break from the Armstrong and Miller-type sketch shows that seem far too common these days. And so I wanted to check that if I did get to do a programe like this, would it appeal to anyone?

I like them both.
As regards whether it would appeal...

Naked Video was a bit Corny But they had some great performers & got away with it.
I suppose it would depend on how well it was done.

Naked Video was class, but a bit cheesy. IIRC a lot of the scenes required no dialogue, so can be quite easily syndicated internationally. Mr Bean made a load of money in countries where people don't speak English as a first language.

If you're looking for credibility you'd have to go down the M&A way, top sketches, and a bit high brow, so might be less marketable overseas.

Depends on what you're after really.

Pulp Video was the one. :)

Quote: Marc P @ December 16 2010, 11:57 PM GMT

Pulp Video was the one. :)

What do you mean?

Quote: His Own Devices @ December 16 2010, 11:58 PM GMT

What do you mean?

He means he wrote for it...

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 16 2010, 11:59 PM GMT

He means he wrote for it...

Well... yeah... but.... er. Okay Naked Video was better. :(

Haha

I understand the reference now.
Shame you can't get any scenes on YouTube.

The only thing I remember hearing or seeing by yourself apart from your showreel & Richard Griffiths lovely monologue was something about a urine test.

Although next time I go on Holiday I will definitely take one of your Novels for the Beach.
Last time I was in Dagenham Library Death Row was on the Hotpicks stand

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ December 17 2010, 12:02 AM GMT

Haha

I understand the reference now.
Shame you can't get any scenes on YouTube.

The only thing I remember hearing or seeing by yourself apart from your showreel & Richard Griffiths lovely monologue was something about a urine test.

I failed it :(

:D

Mind you what showreel??

Quote: Marc P @ December 17 2010, 12:06 AM GMT

Mind you what showreel??

Haven't you got a link for that Cracker parody sketch you wrote? That was very good. :) (Go on, you know you want to...)