Stop And Quiz

EXT. SIDE OF ROAD. AFTERNOON

A POLICEMAN HAS PULLED OVER A CAR AND IS TALKING TO THE OCCUPANTS.

Policeman
Good afternoon gentlemen. You seem to be in a bit of a hurry sir? Going somewhere important were you?

Man
What do you mean officer? I was going at forty mph. The limit is sixty. National speed limit.

Policeman
There's no need to get all shitty about it sir. I'm only doing my job.

Man
I'm not getting shitty. I want to know if doing your job, as you put it includes needlessly hassling law abiding citizens driving under the speed limit does it?

Policeman
Can I see your driving license please sir?

Man
Oh for goodness sake.

RUMAGES FOR DRIVING LICENSE AND HANDS IT OVER.

Policeman
Thank you sir.

EXAMINES LICENSE

Apart from the speeding fine everything seems to be in order. Is this your car sir?

Man
Yes of course it is.

Policeman
What was Stalin's main motivation for instituting the centralisation of agricultural distribution causing poverty and starvation on a massive scale amongst the peasantry who made up the majority of the population in post war Russia?

Man
What?

Policeman
Just answer the question please sir.

Man
I demand to know what's going on.

Policeman
It’s part of our new "Stop and Quiz" policy sir.

Man
Oh yes I see.

Policeman
Well? I'm afraid I'll have to hurry you.

Man
Sorry no idea.

Policeman
Okay not a problem. You still have your bonus question left. Now let's recap. You already have three points for speeding. They're safe. You didn't know the answer to your first question so you have one last bonus question. Would you like a question on: famous people, the peninsula wars, the novels of Thomas Hardy or Sport?

Man
Sport please.

Policeman
Who won the World Snooker title in 1985?

Man
Oh that's easy. Dennis Taylor on a re spotted black.

Policeman
That's correct. Well done sir. And here's WPC Stacey with your prize.

A GOOD LOOKING GIRL DRESSED IN A LOG EVENING DRESS AND A WPC'S HAT WITH A RADIO ON HER SHOULDER STRAP PRESENTS THE PRIZE.

A portable TV with built in DVD player HD ready and complete with freeview box.

Man
Thanks very much

Policeman
On your way sir. Drive safely.

I loved it & I also the idea behind it!

Read through quite a few times & the more I read it, the funnier it got.

Damn you Aaron and your quick edit feature. Some of the words are gobbledygook.

Lol, quite good.

Although, something I noticed.

EXT. SIDE OF ROAD. NIGHT

Policeman
Good afternoon gentlemen.

Nice sketch that. Quality first question too. Very Python.

Very’sfunny.

Yer nice one! I was imagining ol' Brucey Forsythe by the end!

Thanks guys. I've corrected all the strange apostrophies.

Yes I liked this too.

I thought that it was going off down the Big Brother State route but I liked the unusual fork off into Quiz Land. Sort of of 50/50 split an a nice mix.

Very good indeed

Hi WJFK

I'd get to the quiz questions a bit earlier as it seems to take a while to get there. Like the idea though.

Maybe he could win a star prize when he answers the bonus question (all the sirens start wailing and lights flashing) or maybe even a 'Look at what you could have won!' (bloke in pointy suit waving from behind bars)

Dan

Like the idea about the sirens wailing. Thanks Dan.

I like it, WJFK. It's light in touch and daft but importantly it's also funny IMO because it's thought-provoking.