What are you listening to now? Page 867

And now Hanging on the Telephone. Didn't realise I had a stupid posturing dance for this.

Rhianna's new song. Now my head hurts.

Just for Will and chip:

Argent

Martin Simpson on the BBC radio 2 Folk Awards - awesome version of The Lakes of Ponchatrain.

Jack FM on DAB.

1) Who writes their one-liners?

2) Spot any "ethnic" artists? It's all a bit W.A.S.P. rock.

I've already had enough of it. Oh well.. back to my gregorian chants album.

There are many Jack stations around the country.

1) Dunno, but you can submit one if you think you can do better. I believe the best can win £500

2) Plenty of ethnic artists on there imo.

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 8 2012, 7:53 PM GMT

There are many Jack stations around the country.

Ugh, that crap made its way across the Atlantic? Sorry about that. Sick

I don't mind it, it's more or less music all day without the wanky DJs. The ads can get a little annoying but I'd rather that than some twat drivelling on constantly.

1) Dunno, but you can submit one if you think you can do better. I believe the best can win £500

Submit one what?

2) Plenty of ethic (sic) artists on there imo.

I've been listening to it for a week and there has been absolutely no "black" music whatsoever. The only non-WASP artists they've played have been Lenny Kravitz(rock-one track repeated) and Aerosmith/Run DMC (rock- one track repeated). Methinks a bit nefarious of 'em. It's all a bit too "white" for my liking.

But hey.. it's their station.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ February 8 2012, 8:00 PM GMT

Submit one what?

I've been listening to it for a week and there has been absolutely no "black" music whatsoever. The only non-WASP artists they've played have been Lenny Kravitz
(rock-one track repeated) and Aerosmith/Run DMC (rock- one track repeated). Methinks a bit nefarious of 'em. It's all too "white" for my liking.

A one liner.

Sorry, but that's bollocks. Retune to Heart, you might like that.

Here you go, win £106 http://www.jackbristol.com/that-morning-thing/jack-listener-one-liners/ I expect other regions do the same.

It's essentially a classic rock station and that genre of music wasn't exactly overpopulated with non-white musicians. Hendrix, Thin Lizzy, Living Colour and ???

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 8 2012, 8:02 PM GMT

Sorry, but that's bollocks.

So.. are you saying that the one in your area (don't know where that is - I'm south coast) plays non-WASP stuff? 'Cos down here they certainly don't.

It plays a variety of stuff, yes. Bruno Mars, Thin Lizzy, Lionel Ritchie, Stevie Wonder. Just some of the artists you'll hear on there. But as they play mostly 70s & 80s rock maybe 'ethnic' people aren't a huge contributor. I don't believe Jack FM is fully of people in John Terry masks.

Quote: DaButt @ February 8 2012, 8:05 PM GMT

It's essentially a classic rock station and that genre of music wasn't exactly overpopulated with non-white musicians. Hendrix, Thin Lizzy, Living Colour and ???

Exactly, DaButt.

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 8 2012, 8:09 PM GMT

Bruno Mars.. Lionel Ritchie.. Stevie Wonder. Just some of the artists you'll hear on there.

Not down here you won't..

Well, maybe it's your neck of the woods that has the problem? Ever consider that you racist!? ;)

Move or retune. :P