What are you listening to now? Page 805

At the weekend, I 'discovered' the Stone Roses. I can't get enough of them- a real quality band.

Evergreen by Echo & the Bunnymen.

I could never really see the appeal of the Stone Roses.

Massive Attack.

Quote: Chappers @ September 6 2010, 5:46 PM BST

1960s?

Yeah, sure.

The Damned Anthology.

I do think they were a very underrated band.

Where I consider the Sex Pistols were Punk's Beatles and the Clash, Punk's Stones they were Punks The Who.

Quote: Jack Massey @ September 13 2010, 3:32 PM BST

At the weekend, I 'discovered' the Stone Roses. I can't get enough of them- a real quality band.

They didn't make many albums, but they're both great. Yes, I love The Second Coming; in fact I'm far more likely to listen to that one than the first one these days.

I am currently blasting out The Archie Bronson Outfit.

Quote: Jack Massey @ September 13 2010, 3:32 PM BST

To get the full Stone Roses effect you really have to wait five years before listening to that second album. Although bizarrely I agree with Stott, I actually prefer their second much maligned offering.

The Ukulele Beatles ~ I've just seen a face.

On the subject of 'The Stone Roses' I was always very aware of two tracks from their first album. They were 'This is the One' because that is the song Manchester United come out to every week and I was also a fan of the song 'I am the Ressurection' yet I'd not heard any of their other stuff. At the weekend, I saw a best of Stone Roses compilation of 21 songs in Fopp for £3. So I brought it and got really into it. Looking at wikipedia, I see there is not one song from their second album on this greatest hits CD, it's just a combination of singles and from their first album. However, I was talking to a mate of mine and he said like people are saying on here, despite it being much maligned, 'The Second Coming' is an excellent album. Might have to give it a go.

Quote: Jack Massey @ September 13 2010, 8:28 PM BST

On the subject of 'The Stone Roses' I was always very aware of two tracks from their first album. They were 'This is the One' because that is the song Manchester United come out to every week and I was also a fan of the song 'I am the Ressurection' yet I'd not heard any of their other stuff. At the weekend, I saw a best of Stone Roses compilation of 21 songs in Fopp for £3. So I brought it and got really into it. Looking at wikipedia, I see there is not one song from their second album on this greatest hits CD, it's just a combination of singles and from their first album. However, I was talking to a mate of mine and he said like people are saying on here, despite it being much maligned, 'The Second Coming' is an excellent album. Might have to give it a go.

It's very good, it's just at the time they were a big deal, and there was a huge gap, five years or so, between what was already considered a seminal album and its eventual follow up; so it was always going to struggle to compete. It didn't help that they sounded so different, as people wanted more of the same, but instead over the missing years they'd evolved into more of a rock band.

A live recording of the Crowded House concert I went to in June.

A class band.

The Band, love The Band.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 15 2010, 2:17 PM BST

The Band, love The Band.

I love the Band too.

Just heard a documentary on Radio 2 about Carlos Santana which inspired me to listen to Supernatural but apart from a couple of tracks it's nowhere near his best stuff. Gonna play Love, Devotion and Surrender instead I think.

Tony Joe White - Black and White

Ting Tings new song.

...Did they come from 1981?

oooo

'Cee Lo Green - Forget you' is great.