What are you listening to now? Page 776

He was in the Damned for a short while - it's easy to see how he and Captain Sensible got on, going by the musical similarities.

He was also with Wreckless Eric and in King with Cpt Sensible.

You got pretty good taste, Chappers, (Teardrop and Cope were good recommends) so I'll probably chase The The up on Amazon.
:)

The The are great. I love the album Dusk, especially.

On the way back from the pub because I cba to change the radio . . Call Me Al by Paul Simon.

Is that one of the most boring songs ever written or what ?

Quote: SlagA @ April 20 2010, 7:12 PM BST

He was in the Damned for a short while - it's easy to see how he and Captain Sensible got on, going by the musical similarities.

He was also with Wreckless Eric and in King with Cpt Sensible.

You got pretty good taste, Chappers, (Teardrop and Cope were good recommends) so I'll probably chase The The up on Amazon.
:)

Well the Damned are wonderful. Have you heard Absolutely or the Black Album. Damed damned damned is of course a classic.

Check out that Lew Lewis link too plus the Count Bishops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Iy5qF07JN0

(Love Wreckless Eric too!)

Quote: Oldrocker @ April 20 2010, 8:44 PM BST

On the way back from the pub because I cba to change the radio . . Call Me Al by Paul Simon.

Is that one of the most boring songs ever written or what ?

I couldn't agree more. Paul Simon is really pretentious.

Doves are on Radcliffe's show on Radio 2 now.

Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the deaf.

Good news for fans of The Who: next week Wolfgang's Vault (Bill Graham's organization) will release a legendary 1970 concert that they claim "sounds better than Live at Leeds."

Boy, do we have gargantuan news for you. Next Tuesday, April 27th we will release a legendary, never-before-heard-in-its-entirety 1970 Who performance of Tommy at Tanglewood. Let us say that one more time: this concert has never been released in its entirety! (Phew.)

We have dedicated serious resources to maximizing the quality of this concert and we think it sounds better than Live at Leeds, wha?! Are we crazy? Maybe. We'll let you decide for yourself.

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/blog/index.php/2010/04/the-whos-last-u-s-performance-of-tommy/

Faster - Manic Street Preachers

Mercy mercy by the Count Bishops.

They were a pub rock band ariound the time punk became big. Basic raw rock/R & B.

Elliot left me a lot of music when he was here, so I'm trying to choose what to listen to first. I think I will go with Parenthetical Girls.

Magical Mystery Tour from my Beatles box set.

The Baseballs - Umbrella

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM2177pHMT0

She & Him.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 22 2010, 2:18 PM BST

She & Him.

Shim?

Shim-shimany-shim-shimany-shim-shim - sharoo.

I've just been listening to a compilation album, The Best of Top of the Pops 1977. They're effectively the forerunner to the 'Now' compilation albums. They ran throughout the '70's, and are cover versions of the hits of the day (Pop-Pickers). This one contains a hilarious (not intentional) version of Way Down by Elvis Presley.

And they all had scantily clad ladies on the covers.