What are you listening to now? Page 252

They probably won't be shown though. The coverage has been fairly poor this year. Last year they showed a lot more from The Other Stage and from The John Peel tent. They're only shown the headliners this year...

Maybe they've not got enough funding for it because of the lack of ticket sales?

I don't think that will have affected the BBC. I think it's related to the way Glastonbury itself has changed, because there are more hip-hop acts the BBC feels obliged to cover those sort of acts. They end up spreading their coverage over many different genres very thinly rather than looking at the newer bands.

Angry Angry letter time?

Nah. I think Glastonbury is just going to change. Hopefully this'll mean that Rap and Hip Hop can reclaim the mainstream and indie rock can be nerdy again. I'm sick of hearing people talk about The Wombats and The Pigeon Detectives like they're the greatest band since The Beatles.

The BBC shouldn't be showing it at all! They should have proper telly.

Quote: PhQnix @ June 29 2008, 5:17 PM BST

Nah. I think Glastonbury is just going to change. Hopefully this'll mean that Rap and Hip Hop can reclaim the mainstream and indie rock can be nerdy again. I'm sick of hearing people talk about The Wombats and The Pigeon Detectives like they're the greatest band since The Beatles.

That is a good point actually; but with The Ting Tings (not that they're my idea of indie, personally) et al actually getting into the charts, I'm not sure about the extent of which that could happen to.

Where's the Ben Folds footage?!?

I don't want to have to sit through all that shite on iplayer!!

Can you not search through it?

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ June 29 2008, 5:20 PM BST

That is a good point actually; but with The Ting Tings (not that they're my idea of indie, personally) et al actually getting into the charts, I'm not sure about the extent of which that could happen to.

I know. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote: Aaron @ June 29 2008, 5:20 PM BST

The BBC shouldn't be showing it at all! They should have proper telly.

It's on BBC3 which is squarely aimed at people other than you, so you can't really complain.

It's on BBC2 at the moment, though.

Quote: Seefacts @ June 29 2008, 5:24 PM BST

Where's the Ben Folds footage?!?

I don't rememeber seeing Ben Folds on any of the coverage. Are you sure he was shown?

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ June 29 2008, 5:25 PM BST

It's on BBC2 at the moment, though.

Well I'm totally wrong then.

Quote: PhQnix @ June 29 2008, 5:25 PM BST

I know. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

It'll come with the coup. We've not planned anything for that for ages!

Quote: PhQnix @ June 29 2008, 5:26 PM BST

Well I'm totally wrong then.

It's not for long though. It's on the red button more so.

Quote: PhQnix @ June 29 2008, 5:26 PM BST

I don't rememeber seeing Ben Folds on any of the coverage. Are you sure he was shown?

I bloody hope so!

He played on day 1, - they must have got a camera on him. Jesus, if they captured Dizzee Rascal and other such crap but not BF I'll be well annoyed!

So I might get to contribute to an angry letter after all!? :D