What are you listening to now? Page 1,294

I think we can all agree that this is quite good.

Ramble On
Led Zeppelin

https://youtu.be/_h9MxNn8P7w

I've always liked Led Zep's albums, but their live performances leave me cold. I've never been able to sit through stuff like "The Song Remains the Same" but I can watch old Who performances for hours.

Quote: Bill Poster @ 7th March 2018, 3:03 AM

I think we can all agree that this is quite good.

Ramble On
Led Zeppelin

https://youtu.be/_h9MxNn8P7w

Blocked here in the UK. What show was it?

Has anyone read 31 Songs by nick Hornby? He claims that he was a Zeppelin gig and when Bonham's drum solo started he left the arena, went to a local pub, had a game of pool and came back and he was still going!

A new band and album from my favorite guitarist.

I spend half my life thinking about the Spice Girls in the nude. The other half, I keep my clothes on for it.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 7th March 2018, 1:35 PM

Blocked here in the UK. What show was it?

It's from the record not a live show George.
There seems to be more stuff available to us on u tube down here in the bush.

Quote: Bill Poster @ 7th March 2018, 7:01 PM

It's from the record not a live show George.

Oh, ok. Cheers! I assumed DB was referencing it.

Quote: DaButt @ 7th March 2018, 12:44 PM

I've always liked Led Zep's albums, but their live performances leave me cold. I've never been able to sit through stuff like "The Song Remains the Same" but I can watch old Who performances for hours.

How about this one? :)

Led Zeppelin - Achilles Last Stand (Live Knebworth 1979)

Quote: George Kaplan @ 8th March 2018, 2:41 AM

How about this one? :)

At least I managed to sit through the whole thing. :)

I think I have a problem with Plant's overwrought delivery and preening stage presence. Page's, too, to a slightly lesser extent. Jones and Bonham are cool, however. :)

Quote: DaButt @ 8th March 2018, 3:05 AM

At least I managed to sit through the whole thing. :)

Laughing out loud :D

Bill's Led Zep post reminded me that I hadn't yet checked out Plant's solo album from last year. So glad I did. I've got all his albums since Dreamland (2002), and they're all quality. The second half is particularly strong, fittingly ignited by the title track.

DB is officially excused, but I urge everyone else to watch this haunting, stirring live version.

Robert Plant - Carry Fire (Live)

As a carrot for DB, the climax is a bit reminiscent of "Baba O'Riley". :)

The Specials - Rat Race

The Specials - Man At C&A (Live)

The Specials - Enjoy Yourself (Live)

Ian Dury And The Blockheads - Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll (TOPPOP)

My OH had a thing about Ian,a very sexy voice.
I used to think myself Man at Primark. :)

Listening to a bunch of Smiths albums at loud volume by my neighbor's pool, so that means the whole neighborhood is listening to them, too. Doing a lot of manly yard work and construction projects while drinking beer in the 90F/32C sunshine.

Oh dear, "Let me get my hands on your mammary glands" at blaring volume...

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Free Bird.

https://youtu.be/np0solnL1XY

Saw them in Cardiff in 1975.Never heard of them before but was intrigued by their name.What a fabulous concert that was unfortunately they were decimated by a plane accident a few years later.

Just listened to the new Skids album - Burning Cities (Yellow vinyl) and the the Lexicon of Love and the Lexicon of Love II by ABC.