The Sitcom Mission 2011 Page 88

Quote: andyblacksheep @ March 16 2011, 4:47 PM GMT

No bets accepted after Page 96?

That might work.

Unless someone REALLY wants to win, and hijacks the thread with 45 posts in a row.

Rules:

Table is closed after Page 96,
A ban on 2 posts in a row after Page 98?

Shit. Just. Got. Serious.

Quote: Griff @ March 16 2011, 2:14 PM GMT

@bighead65 - The only suggestion I have is that you pay for a report on your script by one of the script editors. Of the four script editors attached to the Mission, I think at least three of them offer this service - Marc Blake, Dave Cohen, and Hayley Mackenzie. All of them have professional TV credits and can give you some objective feedback.

Yeah thanks, Marc Blake helped me a lot on my script and ripped it to bits. I have come a long way since then which was 2008, and it was the same one I entered, I think that's whats worrying me about where to go from here, I'm hoping it was good enough just not what they were looking for or the premise wasn't either. That would have been great to get feedback cos my brain hurts!

Quote: Derry Dee @ March 16 2011, 4:56 PM GMT

That might work.

Unless someone REALLY wants to win, and hijacks the thread with 45 posts in a row.

Rules:

and if you win, you have to submit two more pages

Quote: bighead65 @ March 16 2011, 5:06 PM GMT

Yeah thanks, Marc Blake helped me a lot on my script and ripped it to bits. I have come a long way since then which was 2008, and it was the same one I entered, I think that's whats worrying me about where to go from here, I'm hoping it was good enough just not what they were looking for or the premise wasn't either. That would have been great to get feedback cos my brain hurts!

Would you be up for posting one or two pages in the Critique section?

I just bought a profanity-themed Thesaurus, and I want to test it out.

Quote: Derry Dee @ March 16 2011, 4:56 PM GMT

That might work.

Rules:

Can I still laminate the rules- that way it's official.

Quote: bighead65 @ March 16 2011, 5:06 PM GMT

You have to think that yours was number 33 bighead and who knows otherwise? :)

Rules:

I like these rules.

Come on folks, it's for charidee.

Hmmm. Comedy + charity. Wonder if it's been done...

Just want to say thanks to those that emailed me, I appreciate the advice and enjoyed your scripts I totally understand why I didn't get any further.
I also wanted to post here because it both helps and hinders the gamblers.

Quote: Derry Dee @ March 16 2011, 5:09 PM GMT

Would you be up for posting one or two pages in the Critique section?

I just bought a profanity-themed Thesaurus, and I want to test it out.

I would but have I got to type the whole thing out again or is there a way to export it to critique. I'm useless with computers.

Quote: bighead65 @ March 16 2011, 6:41 PM GMT

I would but have I got to type the whole thing out again or is there a way to export it to critique. I'm useless with computers.

Are you kidding bighead?
If not you bring up your document....go to 'edit' at the top of screen, click on 'select all' and it 'blues' it all. go back to 'edit' and click 'copy' then come on here in critique, do post message, click on the message page, then go to 'edit' and click 'paste' and voila, your script is on here

Quote: bushbaby @ March 16 2011, 6:45 PM GMT

Are you kidding bighead?
If not you bring up your document....go to 'edit' at the top of screen, click on 'select all' and it 'blues' it all. go back to 'edit' and click 'copy' then come on here in critique, do post message, click on the message page, then go to 'edit' and click 'paste' and voila, your script is on here

Simpler than that - Ctrl + A highlights the lot, Ctrl + C copies it, then Ctrl + V pastes it.

Quote: simon wright @ March 16 2011, 6:29 PM GMT

Hmmm. Comedy + charity. Wonder if it's been done...

Gary Barlow, Fearne Cotton, Ben Shepherd, and a mountain.

Hilarity ensued.

Quote: bushbaby @ March 16 2011, 6:45 PM GMT

Are you kidding bighead?

Not if it doesn't say 'edit' at the top of the screen. I know nothing about computers either! I know it doesn't say edit at the top of mine though.

Quote: rwayne @ March 16 2011, 7:25 PM GMT

Not if it doesn't say 'edit' at the top of the screen. I know nothing about computers either! I know it doesn't say edit at the top of mine though.

What programme are you using to write in?

Word.