New DVD Releases Page 2

Naked Video Series 3 is coming to DVD on 29th January.

Quote: Aaron @ January 10, 2007, 10:07 PM

Very odd indeed. :S Maybe trying to up interest, looking at the price?

Maybe but they could have released consecutive episodes.

Just spent a good few hours going through and updating our DVD records. Please check this page for all of the upcoming releases which have been announced. Enjoy! :)

Good work Aaron.

One that caught my eye was A Bit of a Do. Can't really remember it well but a fan of both David Nobbs and David Jason so might give it a try. Would anyone recommmend it?

Ideal 2
Extras 2
and 15 Storeys High 1 and 2

are the ones I'm most looking forward to.

can't wait for series one of 'shelley' after all these years. i just have my fingers firmly crossed that network will release the whole run. i don't want another 'watching' on my hands....

Quote: Nick @ January 20, 2007, 11:42 AM

Good work Aaron.

One that caught my eye was A Bit of a Do. Can't really remember it well but a fan of both David Nobbs and David Jason so might give it a try. Would anyone recommmend it?

i heartily recommend it, great series and good looking dvd set that also includes a fabulous extra of the original tv special 'dogfood dan and the canarthan cowboy'.

wish they'd release the full six episode series of that some day..

Ooo, I'd love to see that. Just for the name alone, it must be pure genius.

Quote: Aaron @ January 22, 2007, 7:10 PM

Ooo, I'd love to see that. Just for the name alone, it must be pure genius.

dogfood dan and the canarthan cowboy was a great little six part sitcom starring peter blake (kirk in dear john). It was about two lorry drivers who used to meet in a roadside cafe, unaware that they were having affairs with each others wives.

the original play was itv but the series was on bbc, so i guess we'll never see it released..shame

How would that affect it? Look at Men Behaving Badly. Started on ITV, moved to BBC, and out on DVD.

I would love to see that and David Nobbs' Fairly Secret Army released on DVD but I'm not sure how much of a demand there would be. If A BIt of a Do sells well then it might help I suppose.

Quote: Aaron @ January 24, 2007, 10:20 AM

How would that affect it? Look at Men Behaving Badly. Started on ITV, moved to BBC, and out on DVD.

men behaving badly was sliiiiiiightly more popular than dogfood dan. i can but hope that the bbc will release this lost classic though. as well as fairly secret army as stated above

Ah, good point, yes. It's odd what is being released at the moment. Some really, really obscure stuff whilst obvious 'classics' are being neglected. Still, can't be a bad thing in the long-run I suppose.

Some of the obscure stuff probably does have an audience though. For example, Billy Liar is not a famous sitcom but it will lure in fans of the film, book, play, Keith Waterhouse and maybe Morrissey as well. Some of the more famous shows that haven't been released may have been massively popular at the time but the audience may have moved on.

Yes, good point re Billy Liar. I would guess that the distributors are just taking advantage of the present booming nostalgia market, and will move on to other stuff once they've milked that as much as they can. It still seems all rather picky to me though, and rather questionable as to their decisions over what to, and what to not, release. I've yet to see any real pattern in what's being issued (save from Network, who are pretty constant in releasing 'classic' sitcoms from the 60s-70s, particularly those from ITV), so it'll be interesting to keep an eye out over the coming months and see what else is announced.

there is a new Rab C Nesbitt DVD to be released, Fitba and Home, that comes out on the 26/2/07