Kelsey Grammer is Fraiser

Kelsey Grammer has a new sitcom coming out soon, I read somewhere, can't remember where?

Can you except him as another character? Because I know I'll find it hard. Because as far as I can see Kelsey is Fraiser.

But I'll have to wait and see, it's called, 'Back to You' about a pair of star news anchors work together at a local TV station.

I'm glad he's stretching his character range. Pleased

I agree it'll be hard for him to be accpeted as anyone except Frasier. After playing that character for so long it'll have to be something special for him to shake the mantle. The same has happened with the Friends stars, they just can't repeat the success that they had before. I can certainly understand some people, like Chris Ellison in Dr Who, wanting to get out quickly before the whole typecasting sets in.

It's Christopher Eccleston.

Ah well, was pretty close!

Quote: hotzappa11 @ May 20, 2007, 5:14 PM

It's Christopher Eccleston.

Chris Ellison is American version of his name :D

Anyways - I look forward seeing Kelsey Grammar anywhere. And I'll try to be gentle ;) I do wish he and David Pierce would get together again, they were so perfect.. but THAT would make the similarity way too big :)

They have such good chemistry, they could do a duologue, is it? Just like they did in Fraiser when they would talk in the cafe, simply brilliant and could easily be peformed on stage or in audio..

Yeah it will be hard not to see him as Fraiser, but that's what happens when you play such a brilliant, funny and all round great character for so long.

Same happened with Seinfeld, where everyone suffered what became known as the 'Seinfled curse', where they just couldn't be accepted in any other programme for ages because people would just picture them as George or Kramer or Elaine.

Thankfully Julia-Louis Dryfus broke her curse in the successful new sitcom The New Adventures Of Old Christine. And she's also really good as Maggie Lyzer in Arrested Development.

Jason Alexander, don't know what he's up to now. And well we all know what went on with Michael Richards.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ May 20, 2007, 8:22 PM

Jason Alexander, don't know what he's up to now. And well we all know what went on with Michael Richards.

He was the new headteacher in Everybody Hates Chris last week.

Dan

I haven't watched it since the first series, but I'm sure I saw him in a clip of The Sopranos.

No that was James Gandolfini.

Lol, you are on form today.

Hopefully, it will be good. Ray's wife from Everybody Loves ... is in it. I don't really watch Raymond, but of the bits I've seen it looks very traditional and, well, up my street.

I want to know what Niles is going to do next.

Paranthetically, Niles (David Hyde Pierce) announced a couple of weeks back that they (the Frasier cast)have been thinking about doing a play on Broadway together.

I've mentioned on another thread somewhere, I'd love to see Kelsey & David as themselves or Fraiser & Niles do a dualogue, because they have such great chemistry when they have their chats in the cafe on Fraiser.

I love KG and DHP as Sideshow Bob and his brother (whose name I can't remember) in The Simpsons. Very Frasier and Niles.

Cecil comes to mind, but I don't think that that is correct.