Forgotton 1969 Sitcom on BBC4 Tonight

As part of BBC4's Edwardian series, there is an episode of Wild Wild Women (I've never heard of it), on BBC4 at 10.50 tonight. It fits in with the Edwardian series as it was set in 1903. It starred Barbara Windsor, Anna Karen (Olive from On the Buses) and Joan Sanderson (Miss Richards Fawlty Towers). One series was made in 1969 and it was written by Ronald Wolfe and Ronald Chesney (On the Buses). You might as well watch it as you are never likely to see it again.

Joan Sanderson (Miss Richards Fawlty Towers)

What?

Mrs. Richards: When I pay for a view, I expect to see something more interesting than that.
Basil Fawlty: That is Torquay, madam.
Mrs. Richards: Well, that's not good enough.
Basil Fawlty: Well, might I ask what you expected to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House, perhaps? The hanging gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...
Mrs. Richards: Don't be ridiculous. I expect to be able to see the sea.
Basil Fawlty: You *can* see the sea. It's over there between the land and the sky.

Fondly remembered

Lol, classic.

She was the Deputy Head in Please Sir too. I'll try and give it a look - like I did with Gary & Tracey.

Alas, it clashes with Peep Show.

I see Ripping Yarns is on earlier though.

It probably won't be up to scratch, but we should be grateful. It's rare the archives open up and we see forgotton sitcoms. Who knows what it will be like. I don't suppose any other users have ever seen it?

That's true, Jack. I'll try to remember to watch or record it.

I've certainly not seen it, was only barely aware of it's existence. So with that in mind I'm looking forward to it big time.

Thanks for that Jack, I'd have completely missed it otherwise! :)

Wasn't the best thing I've ever seen, but there were a good few laughs in it. It was basically a remake of The Rag Trade (also by Wolfe and Chesney) except it was set in Edwardian times. It's great to see BBC4 open up the archives and hopefully they will continue doing so.

Ditto. Not brilliant, but amusing enough. Good to see, at any rate.

I completely missed it. What time was it on?

10:55pm

Another one missed. Oh well - there's only so many hours in a day. (24 isn't it?)