The Fast Show Page 3

I find it absolutely unbelievable that it's taken this long for a Fast Show thread to appear! Well done that Ben for filling a void!

THE best ever sketch show ever. Lots of characters I didn't like but the list of the ones I loved is huuuge. I think I'd find it impossible to put together a top ten FS list. Up there though, has to be Jazz Club, Johnny (black!), Arthur Atkinson and Chester Drawers, Ralph and Ted, and on and on....

Quote: roystonpoisoner @ August 20 2010, 9:48 PM BST

Something about squeezy cheese or peas? Lol.

Lolz!! :D Yes, new Squeezy Cheesy Peas. And Pissy Beer was good too!

Quote: Moonstone @ August 31 2010, 10:20 PM BST

Johnny (black!)

Oh I loved him!

I've got into this quite a bit recently, so much so that I've ordered the DVD boxset. :)

Wow, surprised there hasn't been any posts about the new Fast Show on tonight, BBC2 in 20 mins.

Isn't it the vids they put out on the internet a few years back..?

Nope, completely new material and on first watch bloody brilliant. They've not lost it at all!

Just watching the special on iPlayer and so far they're not all new. They're the online sketches from a few years back...

The jazz club was a bit predictable. Hasn't that been on before?

Loved loads of it though included the orange make up woman and the girl in the wheelchair, Camilla Batman - does my bum look big? and Cheesy Peas.

It was over all too quickly.

The only part I remember from the online series was the Downton sketch. Highlights for me were Ted and Ralph and Mickey Disco...botox.
Not sure they had to try so hard to bring it up to date with all of the Facebook, Twitter, phone apps mentioned in the sketches though but great to see them back.

There were several new ones in there and a few of the older online ones. It was ok, but nowhere near the standard of the 90s series' which still make me laugh to this day.

Greatest ever sketch was the Ted and Ralph vegetable drinking game.

I was never a great fan of T&R, but that sketch is perfect.

Quote: Ben @ 23rd May 2014, 11:14 PM BST

Just watching the special on iPlayer and so far they're not all new. They're the online sketches from a few years back...

My mistake, not seen those before so it was all new to me :D

Quote: SimonWing @ 24th May 2014, 1:50 PM BST

Greatest ever sketch was the Ted and Ralph vegetable drinking game.

I was never a great fan of T&R, but that sketch is perfect.

It's one of Chipolata's all time favourite sketches and up there amongst mine.

The Rowley Birkin QC sketch where he recounts the death of a loved one due to his drinking is very poignant.

Quote: Ben @ 24th May 2014, 3:31 PM BST

It's one of Chipolata's all time favourite sketches and up there amongst mine.

I love the way Ralph says the wrong vegetable after delivering the bombshell, gets frustrated with himself and then corrects his mistake. Fantastic little touch.

Quote: Moonstone @ 31st August 2010, 10:20 PM BST

THE best ever sketch show ever.

Big Train for me, but I digress. I never saw the online sketches, so they were all new to me as well. Most of them worked, some left me cold - just like the original series.

And just like the Harry and Paul BBC 2 special, quite a few digs at other comedy acts - The Trip getting The Fast Show treatment and Colin Hunt's Gervais impression. Man, old comedians are bitter f**kers.

It was nice to have it back, they certainly didn't embarrass themselves and I laughed a few times - but all the show really did was make me nostalgic for the older stuff.