The Fast Show Page 4

They weren't having a dig at all.

Quote: Marc P @ 26th May 2014, 10:51 PM BST

They weren't having a dig at all.

Sorry, a loving pastiche - full of anger and bitterness.

I think you have the wrong people. Harry and Paul are the polar opposite. Sorry Mr P but I think you missed the point in those two sketches. Or I did. ... And frankly that's unthinkable!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 26th May 2014, 10:46 PM BST

Man, old comedians are bitter f**kers.

They are all about the same age for crying out loud!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 26th May 2014, 11:02 PM BST

Sorry, a loving pastiche - full of anger and bitterness.

You're way off the mark, The Fast Show crowd are all very successful, why the heck would they be bitter when they were the benchmark for Gervais etc and were the ones asked to do the BBC2 50th special??!

After seeing the online episodes, I dug out the live show DVD I had never got around to watching, and "The Fast Show" seemed to be a child of its time for the most part. Still a great comedy show, but I think if you weren't familiar with it from when it was on originally, you might struggle to get into it these days. The specials (or cut-together online episodes, more like) feel like an in-joke. Does that appeal to a completely new audience? Chris Waddle.

Ahhhhh...it wasn't very funny. I watched it last night and turned off half way through. I'm clearly in the minority, but all the sketches are too long, too predictable and quite boring.

Swiss Tony's riding-a-bike metaphor? The Spanish newsroom (scorchio!)? The painter on the hill? The tedious Nigella peas/chocolate/cheese sketch?

It was all rather tired and uninspired. Soz.

Quote: Andy Ball @ 27th May 2014, 1:37 PM BST

Ahhhhh...it wasn't very funny. I watched it last night and turned off half way through. I'm clearly in the minority, but all the sketches are too long, too predictable and quite boring.

Swiss Tony's riding-a-bike metaphor? The Spanish newsroom (scorchio!)? The painter on the hill? The tedious Nigella peas/chocolate/cheese sketch?

It was all rather tired and uninspired. Soz.

A lot of it always was predictable anyway.

There is some appeal to being so familiar with something you know how it will turn out.

The Fast Show is very hit-and-miss for me, although I love Ralph and Ted. It's one of those shows that YouTube was practically made for.

Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne? Here? In a Fast Show thread? With my reputation? Are they quite mad? ... Oh well, It's about time my fans got to grips with my post. Hmm.

I think it is brilliant. One of my favourite shows. I was only 2 when it first aired but watched all the series and live shows 2 years ago and loved them.

Quote: Lady Ice @ 6th July 2014, 5:15 PM BST

The Fast Show is very hit-and-miss for me, although I love Ralph and Ted. It's one of those shows that YouTube was practically made for.

I disagree. You need consistency for full appreciation. In isolation most aren't as funny at all.

You lock me in the cellar and feed me pins! Black!!! (etc)

Quote: fustidious @ 7th July 2014, 7:15 AM BST

I think it is brilliant. One of my favourite shows. I was only 2 when it first aired but watched all the series and live shows 2 years ago and loved them.

I disagree. You need consistency for full appreciation. In isolation most aren't as funny at all.

But with that amount of sketches, the ratio between good and bad is more obvious. YouTube (or maybe DVD) allows you to 'edit'.

I think that, in the original series, the number of hits far outweighed the misses. More so than perhaps any other sketch show.

Quote: Lady Ice @ 7th July 2014, 6:30 PM BST

But with that amount of sketches, the ratio between good and bad is more obvious. YouTube (or maybe DVD) allows you to 'edit'.

But the so called 'bad' sketches become good when watched in context that YouTube does not provide.

Quote: Ben @ 7th July 2014, 7:33 PM BST

I think that, in the original series, the number of hits far outweighed the misses. More so than perhaps any other sketch show.

I would probably agree. And another hit was never far behind as the name of the show suggests.

Grrrreat!