Happy as Harry

Ohh! Yes indeed! A bit of up to date politics ladies and gentlemen - as the bloke in the shiny suit and coloured glasses used to say some time ago. (No not Timmy Bloody Mallett!)

Here's a quick radio sketch based on today's news

F/X:__________________________KNOCKING ON A DOOR

COMMANDER:
Come!

PRINCE HARRY:
You sent for me sir?

COMMANDER:
Ah yes Wales! Come in have a seat.

PRINCE HARRY:
What is it sir? I’m just packing my kit and getting ready for the off sir. Ready to do my bit sir.

COMMANDER:
Ah…err…well that’s what I want to talk to you about old chap. The fact is that you won’t be going to Iraq at all Wales. There’s been a bit of a to do and Iraq’s off.

PRINCE HARRY: (FLATLY WITH NO EMOTION)
Oh damn! Dash and piffle sir! You mean I’m not to go out to do my bit for Queen and country?

COMMANDER:
I’m afraid not old chap. I know that this is a bit of a blow for you old man. But buck up eh!

PRINCE HARRY:
And you’re sure? Your mind’s made up sir? I’m not going sir?

COMMANDER:
Yes I’m afraid it is old scout. Run along now and try to get over it. There’s a good chap.

PRINCE HARRY:
OK sir. If you say so sir.

COMMANDER:
Yes Wales I do say so. Some other time eh what?

PRINCE HARRY:
OK sir. Damn sir! Damn! Damn! Damn!

COMMANDER:
As you say Wales. Damn!

CHAIR BEING PUSHED BACK AND DOOR OPENING THEN CLOSING

PRINCE HARRY:
Yessss!

MOBILE RINGS

PRINCE HARRY:
Oh hello Gran. Yes he’s just told me. Thanks Gran, like nice one! Yah? I’ll get you some doggie treats for the corgis next time I’m up at Buck House.

END:

lol Commander calling him Wales made me larff, nice little sketch I enjoyed it, didnt overstay it's welcome was well paced and ammusing well done matey

Liked it ... good satirical stuff ... as radio (no visual clues)it quickly identifies who it involves ... nice one!

Good sketch Blenks

It's well-written but the last line *may* be a little predictable. Doesn't stop it being funny though.

Also, like the referring to him as 'Wales'. Made me laugh.

Dan

Thanks for the positive comments folks

B

I enjoyed that. It's funny and I definitely think you have an natural ability with dialogue.

I really like it. Mischievous, tight and funny.

If you're talking about Charley that's probably two out of three.

I understand that she's quite generous - with her money that is.

LOL Dave is missing Charley

I liked it too. As someone else said, good dialog, and good characterisations too.

Thanks Treveor Fred and Shoe