Best online flower delivery services

AThe best way to send your love and goodwill across the world is through flowers. Sending flowers is now much easier with the advent of online flower shops

Say what?!

The "Pretty Flower Marketing Board"

Aaron went overboard on your birthday again I see.

...Flowers carry diseases and vermin.

Worth mentioning here (before the thread gets closed) that whenever you buy most flowers, there's often a whole string of human misery which has lead to that lovely display. River water gets diverted to the flower-growers in third world countries, causing problems for the local farmers. The flowers usually get flown here, leaving a stinking great carbon footprint; they get sorted in big warehouses by illegal immigrants working like slaves.

So make sure the flowers you give come from a happy place. Grow your own.

Ooh, more handy hints:

Lillies and some other flowers are poisonous for cats!

So be careful!

Quote: zooo @ July 24 2010, 10:52 AM BST

Ooh, more handy hints:

So be careful!

And another valuable tip, if you drop a lot of acid and then go exploring in a botanical garden, do not eat the plants.

Quote: Nogget @ July 24 2010, 10:50 AM BST

Worth mentioning here (before the thread gets closed) that whenever you buy most flowers, there's often a whole string of human misery which has lead to that lovely display. River water gets diverted to the flower-growers in third world countries, causing problems for the local farmers. The flowers usually get flown here, leaving a sticking great carbon footprint; they get sorted in big warehouses by illegal immigrants working like slaves.

So make sure the flowers you give come from a happy place. Grow your own.

The dilemma is competing land and water use, but in Kenya the horticulture industry does provide well paid jobs and export dollars, and the carbon footprint can be less than from heated greenhouses closer to home. So the issues are not entirely clear cut.

But yes growing your own is preferable, at many levels.

Quote: Timbo @ July 24 2010, 10:58 AM BST

But yes growing your own is preferable, at many levels.

Screw that growing things is for farmers.

Quote: zooo @ July 24 2010, 10:52 AM BST

Makes note to plant lilies. (Fed up of mauled wildlife and cat crap in the flower beds.)

Quote: Gavin @ July 24 2010, 10:59 AM BST

Screw that growing things is for farmers.

And drug dealers

Quote: bigfella @ July 24 2010, 11:00 AM BST

And drug dealers

Drug dealers deal dude. Farmers grow. :P the clue is in the title ;)

I find gardening very therapeutic. It is often when I come up with my best ideas.

Quote: Gavin @ July 24 2010, 11:02 AM BST

Drug dealers deal dude. Farmers grow. :P the clue is in the title ;)

I think what bigfella has in mind is what is known as a "vertically integrated business model".