Man To Man With Dean Learner Page 2

seeems like channel 4 have something against holness darkplace took 3 years to come out on dvd and barely repeated then this gets a shit slot, i dont think it would make a difference anyway

The last episode (with the musician) was very, very bad in my opinion and that's hard for me to say as I loved Darkplace.

For those of you that are still watching and enjoying (like you say D.H.Duckpond - it's less that 300,000!) we will hopefully have a Q&A piece with the creators on the way [Thankfully it was an email interview so I sent the questions before seeing the show and thus avoiding the awkard stuff about audience figures]. Anyway, stay tuned for that.

I caught the first episode in anticipation of going out and buying the darkplace dvd the following day, imho it was extremely poor considering the two performers are of the highest calibre as they have proved before in darkplace, the office and the mighty boosh, it seemed like it would be the perfect set-up for them to show their abilities with a free range to go wherever they wanted and improvise but there were no real 'jokes' and it was obviously heavily scripted. I was hoping for a TV version of the improv olympics and ended up with something Richard and Judy would be embarassed by. Anyway heres hoping that they find some more 'lost' episodes of darkplace, and soon, to take away the bitter taste this poorly constructed show left on my comedic pallette.

Just been rewatching this on DVD and really enjoying it. Although not a patch on Darkplace, the characters are vivid and well drawn, especially the unfortunate actor who starred in Bitch Killer. It is poorly constructed, and Dean Lerner always seemed a tad Alan Partridge-lite for my liking, but it's definitely grown on me second time round. I'd love to see these guys produce a third series featuring Garth Merengi et al, just to form a loose trilogy of shows.

(Also, whatever happened to Smell my Cheese? I feel we've lost a great BSG character with him quitting after only 4 posts. ;) )