Primeval Page 3

Hey c'mon seasons 2-4 were some of the smartest most ironic TV ever. Ok when Spike went all gay and started taking it's self seriously it got a bit sucky.
But over all it was sharper, wittier and cooler than really any of the pretenders to the thrown.
And it made the over rated Lost look leaden.

Quote: sootyj @ June 28 2010, 7:54 PM BST

Hey c'mon seasons 2-4 were some of the smartest most ironic TV ever. Ok when Spike went all gay and started taking it's self seriously it got a bit sucky.
But over all it was sharper, wittier and cooler than really any of the pretenders to the thrown.
And it made the over rated Lost look leaden.

Last of Summer Wine makes Lost seem Leaden.

I will accept series 1 Buffy was good. Series 2 is a push beyond that, it was mmmm generic sauce.

Season 1 wasn't that great, it was finding it's feet and had that crappy Master as the big bad.

Seasons 2-4 with The Mayor, Spike and Faith were aces.

Why not make yourself a Buffy thread, with some fairy lights around the entrance and some glitter on the welcome mat, and leave the Primeval thread be?

*runs away*

Describe your underpants Nils.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 28 2010, 8:05 PM BST

fairy lights around the entrance and some glitter on the welcome mat

And one can only appreciate the direness of Primeval when it is bathed in the light of Buffy.

Quote: sootyj @ June 28 2010, 8:01 PM BST

Season 1 wasn't that great, it was finding it's feet and had that crappy Master as the big bad.

Seasons 2-4 with The Mayor, Spike and Faith were aces.

Faith was hot. The Master was the best baddy. Spike I'd of killed him in half a second. The mayor big f**king snake big whoop a second maybe second and half if wanted a coffee first.

Problem with it was simply it was a premise that ran it's course and they had to keep bolting stuff on to keep it going .

Quote: sootyj @ June 28 2010, 8:10 PM BST

Describe your underpants Nil.

Laughing out loud It's funny 'cause it's true!

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 28 2010, 8:05 PM BST

Why not make yourself a Buffy thread, with some fairy lights around the entrance and some glitter on the welcome mat, and leave the Primeval thread be?

*runs away*

I can't believe anything with a member of Sclub 7 has lasted as long as it has.

Because it's fun.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 28 2010, 8:12 PM BST

Because it's fun.

Sticking you'r tongue in a fan is fun doesn't mean it's good for you ;)

Na I got no quarrel with you Putters. If people like it then that's their look out really.

Like I said before, it has it's flaws, but I can get past that.

I don't want to end up as the Primeval Guardian, having to defend it whenever someone slags it off. ;)

Nils why do you tie Pugs down and make them lick you till they cry?

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 28 2010, 8:12 PM BST

Because it's fun.

Boy you are one sick twist.

And no Primeval was never fun. It was ernest and stupid, with some dreadful leavening humour bolted on.

The Mayor was an ace villain up until he became a snake, that was just stupid.

Buffy should have ended when she went to Uni and certainly after she left. An oddity for me was it was a show where the lead was utterly wooden and charmless.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 28 2010, 8:19 PM BST

Like I said before, it has it's flaws, but I can get past that.

I don't want to end up as the Primeval Guardian, having to defend it whenever someone slags it off. ;)

Just as well because I'd have to beat you. ;)

I'm awfully unforgiving. But. That's part of my ....charm?? lol

So Nils what's your job?

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 28 2010, 8:19 PM BST

I am the Primeval Guardian, having to defend it whenever someone slags it off. ;)

Boy that's the kind of pointless job George Osborne's cracking down on.

Quote: sootyj @ June 28 2010, 8:22 PM BST

An oddity for me was it was a show where the lead was utterly wooden and charmless.

Nice Cans though.