Primeval

I enjoyed this show, it was a lot of fun.

Brought back from the brink of cancelation "filming has now wrapped on series four".

The new team.

I liked it a lot too. :)

I'm so glad this wasn't cancelled because it ended on a cliffhanger. I thought Danny was a good addition to the show after Nick went. Ben Miller always makes me laugh even though his character is serious most of the time.

It couldn't have stunk more if it was a sitcom about a sentient poo living in the workd of unpasteurised cheeses with his best mate an unwashed fart and chased evert by an evil fart cloud.

It was ITV's Dr Who for idiots. With awful plot, lousy characters, bargain basement effects.

Quote: sootyj @ June 27 2010, 11:11 AM BST

It couldn't have stunk more if it was a sitcom about a sentient poo living in the workd of unpasteurised cheeses with his best mate an unwashed fart and chased evert by an evil fart cloud.

It was ITV's Dr Who for idiots. With awful plot, lousy characters, bargain basement effects.

So.. did you like it?

;)

No buy yo mama did....

Quote: sootyj @ June 27 2010, 11:14 AM BST

No buy yo mama did....

Laughing out loud

Sooty, you have brightened up my Sunday morning. I grinned from ear to ear <my God, the pain!!!>

That's what yo papa said....

Quote: sootyj @ June 27 2010, 11:21 AM BST

That's what yo papa said....

Angry

My dad says he's gonna get you.

Ah, Primeval is good. Very fun.

It is fun. I do miss the ginger bloke though. He lent it a certain gravitas.

I liked it but I sort of lost track of t after series 2. I'll have to do a DVD catchup one of these days.

Quote: sootyj @ June 27 2010, 11:11 AM BST

Dr Who for idiots. With awful plot, lousy characters, bargain basement effects.

Isn't that Doctor Who? :P

Primeval is the best TV show. Ever. The last series had the lot - great storylines, wonderful characters, pathos, humour, intelligence and oodles of tension.

Knocks Who into a three-cornered hat.

Name a Vietnamese Timelord.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 27 2010, 3:05 PM BST

Isn't that Doctor Who? :P

Both Dr Who and Primeval have comaparatively shoddy FX budgets by international standards. Dr Who cleverly integrates the crapiness into it's smarter, sassier stories.

Primeval was just ugly and made lots of bargain basement mistakes. Most obviously dinosaurs that never came closer than 5 feet to the characters.

So Dr Who was eccentric, individual and thought highly all over. Where as ITV proved it could make a show that was a cross between Land of the Lost, Bugs and Buck's Fizz.