Brian Park - A World Cup Dream Page 2

Awesome, people! Really, really good. Nice pathos especially with the looks to the side.

Great animation, Kerry -- the lip-syncing is excellent in particular.

The Bussell -- I expect you to be taking over from David Attenborough as the voice of those nature documentaries when he finally lets go.

Brief mention for Afinkawan -- saw he got a credit for something too :)

Keep it up!

Dan

Quote: SandwichShort @ June 27 2010, 9:49 AM BST

I thought the script & animation very good. A sense of sadness at the end with Brian Park on his own in the stalls - most poignant. It's clever to mix emotions - IMHO.

Thanks Sandwichshort, and welcome to the site! I'm glad people like the ending, trying to get away from sketches to more deeper, story-like stuff. Although saying that my next animation is just stupid!

Quote: Simon B @ June 27 2010, 10:37 AM BST

Me like. I still would have liked to have seen a live action version !

Cheers Simon. Yeah, It probably would have been a better medium but I was just stuck on wanting to learn some CG. I think I saw a comment made about making the character design more realistic too. This is probably for the same reason. I knew the character had to look like a realistic human for the stadium on his head to be the weird part. So I would have gone more realistic, I'm just not that great at drawing humans!

Quote: swerytd @ June 28 2010, 8:27 AM BST

Brief mention for Afinkawan -- saw he got a credit for something too :)

Cheers Dan. Voice work is top notch. Lip synching drove me bonkers!! There was just so much to do! Plus I couldn't make the model's mouth into a satisfactory 'O' shape so that will be something I sort out next time.

Yeah Afinkawan gave me the idea for the Mexican wave in critique, thought it rude to not give a thanks. He also gave me the idea for the set-up to part II so more thanks coming!

Quote: swerytd @ June 28 2010, 8:27 AM BST

The Bussell -- I expect you to be taking over from David Attenborough as the voice of those nature documentaries when he finally lets go.

I can't wait until he does go and we finally get to see the mocking video will that shows how all those incredible deep sea creatures were fabricated with CGI.

Maybe you should do a voiceover of the wildlife that is David Attenborough!

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ June 28 2010, 4:46 PM BST

Dan

Next on BB3 Three.
David Attenborough's Wild Life.

Quote: swerytd @ June 28 2010, 4:46 PM BST

Dan

That's actually a pretty good idea! All I need is to track his movements for a few days with a hidden camera while I narrate with my pithy observations.