The IT Crowd 4.0 Page 6

The only bit I wasn't keen on, really, was when Jen suddenly took on the pimp persona from out of nowhere. Felt a bit rushed.

I enjoyed it a lot. :) Good start to the new season.

I was very disappointed. It just didn't jel for me. IMO weak lines and predictable gags. There were good bits, but all in all left me a bit flat.

It seemed the same as it always has to me.

Quote: chipolata @ June 25 2010, 11:04 PM BST

IMO weak lines and predictable gags.

Hasn't it always had a number of predictable gags?

Quote: Ben @ June 25 2010, 11:07 PM BST

Hasn't it always had a number of predictable gags?

I guess. A lot of them just struck me as very average. Although I'm clearly in the minority so far. The roleplaying stuff was good, mind.

I know what you mean, Chip. It didn't have the flair of, say, The Work Outing or Calamity Jen. I'll give you that.

I think, though, that after four series, you're more likely to get average episodes amongst the good ones.

As Mr Linehan wants to farm out the writing of future series you might infer that he's running out of ideas with The IT Crowd.
I haven't watched it yet but I refuse to reserve judgement if that's ok with everybody.

I watched a bit of it. Dire. Went and made some custard instead.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 25 2010, 11:31 PM BST

As Mr Linehan wants to farm out the writing of future series you might infer that he's running out of ideas with The IT Crowd.

Linehan has said he wants new voices involved as he feels in a good groove on the show, but rather than risk getting too comfortable, he'd like a few new writers to throw in different sorts of ideas to make sure it keeps fresh.

As for this episode, it wasn't an all time classic, but it was good; if you like the show, then I can't really see what you'd dislike about it.

Being an old D&Der, I found the role playing bit hilarious. But overall, it wasn't the start I'd hoped for. I did laugh a fair few times though. :)

Quote: zooo @ June 21 2010, 10:49 PM BST

Oh, like the guy who plays Roy. (He for some reason lives in LA now, but thankfully still comes back for the show.) I'm very glad Linehan is still here.

Ah, that explains his perfect hugely over-white teeth - very noticeable in the role playing scene. Just like Simon Pegg's after he went to Hollywood. It so obvious when they used to look like yellow rocks.

Quote: chipolata @ June 25 2010, 11:04 PM BST

I was very disappointed. It just didn't jel for me. IMO weak lines and predictable gags. There were good bits, but all in all left me a bit flat.

It was very weak in places. There were a couple of good lines from Douglas but it's definitely not a sharp show, dialogue wise, and it was once - well, in the first series.

As for predictable gags, what did everyone think when Jen took the the two Johns to see the Vagina Monologues? I expected them to like it because the fact that they would hate it and get thrown out is so obvious it's not even worth writing down.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 26 2010, 12:28 AM BST

if you like the show, then I can't really see what you'd dislike about it.

I'll PM you my password, that way you can log on as me and post what I should think!
Save me the trouble! :)

Quote: chipolata @ June 26 2010, 12:21 PM BST

I'll PM you my password, that way you can log on as me and post what I should think!
Save me the trouble! :)

Rolling eyes

(I didn't actually roll my eyes, I just sort of sighed a little.)

At least the announcers are now calling it "The Eye Tee Crowd"
instead of "The it Crowd"

Really used to annoy me, that did, made the announcer seem truly stupid & uneducated about computers.

But really the 'computing' aspects of this new episode were nearly null, and it was the computing bits that gave it some sparkle at the very beginning.

Now it's just any small department of a big firm; could be set in any department.
"The Dispatchers Crowd" for instance, or "The Bog-Cleaning Crowd".

I don't think a computer nerd like Moss would use a REAL 20 sided dice for D&D anymore, he would have programmed a 20-side random dice program, so it's a missed opportinity for some funny stuff there.