The IT Crowd 4.0

According to Graham Linehan's Twitter, the fourth series will begin on 25th June.

Also, it has been reported by The Guardian that Version 5.0 has been commissioned.

Nice one! Cheers for heads up, Ian.

I've just finished watching 2.0 and hope to sneak in 3.0 before 4.0.

"But MediaGuardian reports that after four seasons of writing The IT Crowd alone, he wants put together a team of writers to work on the fifth series."

Maybe he read one of your posts, Godot . .?

I think he said that after series 3 as well, didn't he?

A fourth series would be good, but then I'd say it would have run its course, especially if he wants to introduce new writers. I think a reason why it may go on too long is this. Series 2 wasn't as good as Series 1 and Series 3 wasn't as good as Series 2. Series 3 was still very good though, so I think it has one more series left in it, but I can't see it being much good after that.

Quote: Jack Massey @ May 26 2010, 10:28 PM BST

A fourth series would be good, but then I'd say it would have run its course, especially if he wants to introduce new writers. I think a reason why it may go on too long is this. Series 2 wasn't as good as Series 1 and Series 3 wasn't as good as Series 2. Series 3 was still very good though, so I think it has one more series left in it, but I can't see it being much good after that.

Well, it's entirely down to what ideas they come up with; especially if he does bring in other writers, that could bring it a whole extra lease of life. There's no reason why it couldn't go on for a few more series.

Quote: Jack Massey @ May 26 2010, 10:28 PM BST

That's not the way I see it, Series 1 was by far the worst of the lot, Series 2 got better and Series 3 is the best it's been.

Quote: MTpromises @ May 26 2010, 10:41 PM BST

That's not the way I see it, Series 1 was by far the worst of the lot, Series 2 got better and Series 3 is the best it's been.

I agree, it's just been getting better. The plots get a little more tenuous, but the laughs get much bigger.

I really liked Chris Morris's Denholm in Series 1. There was plenty more computer jokes in Series 1 which made it funnier for me.

Saw an Advert last night!

MOSS: I came here to drink milk, and kick arse; and it looks like I'm all out of milk.

:D

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ May 26 2010, 10:45 PM BST

I agree, it's just been getting better. The plots get a little more tenuous, but the laughs get much bigger.

I agree - Jen finding Roy in the wheelchair then turning round to find Moss serving behind the bar was the funniest it's been.

The first episode, 'Jen The Fredo', airs 25th of June. 'The Final Countdown' follows a week later.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ May 26 2010, 10:45 PM BST

I thought Series 2 was the best. I enjoyed series 3, but so far series 2 has been the peak. Looking forward to this new one, though.

I've heard from a couple of places that it's looking like a strong series. Check out our guide on Tuesday for more info on the new episodes and also new interviews with Graham Linehan, Chris O'Dowd, Katherine Parkinson and Matt Berry!