Girlie Pirate Seeks... Page 10

aww wow! yeah prom was amazing! I have an RS GCSE on Thurs :(

Awww good luck hun! I hated my exams. So glad i've finished education now for that reason. Although i miss uni every day!

A sitcom about girly pirates..sounds great! I'd certainly like to board that ship! Garrrr Pirate

If you're serious do you know about Anne Bonny and Mary Read? 2 real life girlie pirates in "The Golden Age of Piracy".

One of them had an affair with Calico Jack Rackham and pretended to be a man. Also when they were caught and sentenced to deatgh one of them got off because she was pregnant.

I can'tr remember all the details but you should find something on-line if you put their names in. May be spelled wrongly though - try Bonney, Bonnie etc;

I had previously thought there was potential in their story for something - maybe drama, maybe musical - but have a look into it if you're serious.

Thanks for that David, v. interesting & much appreciated I`ll have a look.

Yes, I`m absolutely serious about writing "Girlie Pirates" as a sitcom, although I see it with a slightly surreal, contemporary vibe.

I`ve just been asked to send in a full script & episode ideas from a prod co regarding a sit-com I pitched about a month ago. Obviously I`m a v. v. happy bunny about it, but realise the reality & won`t get too excited in case it comes winging its way back.

Although I may muck around on here, I do actually write a lot and work hard. I know it`s a shocker! Wtf! Who`d have thought it! Apparently I have hidden depths - I`m just damned if I can find them!

Btw, good luck with the exams SbF!

Good luck with it - looks like you've got a foot in the door.

Who's the production company? Did you cold call them or did they approach you?

Thanks David.

It`s a well-known prod co & it was a cold call. I`ll let you know when I hear back.

One door closes (Beeb on Bearded Ladies thread) and another one opens.

Won't push you on who.

Jude, if you haven't already, pick yourself up a copy of The Mammoth Book of Pirates.

See Amazon product listing

Very interesting, if not a little tough to get through at times!

Now, that does look impressive, I`ll definitely have at look at that!

Thanks Aaron:D

Quote: David Chapman @ May 13, 2007, 9:57 PM

One door closes (Beeb on Bearded Ladies thread) and another one opens.

Won't push you on who.

It`s one that encourages new writers... Baby Cow

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ May 12, 2007, 8:38 PM

aww wow! yeah prom was amazing! I have an RS GCSE on Thurs :(

Does God exist? Discuss

Lets ask him...

"God?"

Quote: EllieJP @ May 14, 2007, 1:35 AM

Lets ask him...

"God?"

Hello... this is God's Queue Management System. To help us deal with your enquiry as effectively as possible, please choose from the following options:

Press '1' for Nearly Deceased

Press '2' for Recently Deceased

Press '3' Wrongly Deceased

Press '4' for Redirections

Press '5' if you want to hear these options again or hold if you wish to speak to a representative.

Quote: Jude @ May 14, 2007, 12:03 AM

Now, that does look impressive, I`ll definitely have at look at that!

Thanks Aaron:D

You need to be really awake to read bits of it. Much is taken straight from contemporary records, so bloody hard to follow at the best of times. The first section alone is a complete account from Drake himself. Writing in the third person. >_<

Quote: EllieJP @ May 14, 2007, 1:35 AM

Lets ask him...

"God?"

Yes?

I`ll have a double-trouble burger and a side helping of fries.

There's a McDonald's just down the street.

(Probably.)