Keira Knightley Wants To Quit Movies

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/story.asp?j=217997268&p=zy7997974 http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,21658381-5001026,00.html

SCREEN stunner Keira Knightley has revealed she wants to quit movies because she is sick of fame.
The Pirates of The Caribbean star, 22, said: “I’ve decided I want a life instead.”

And she said she was still devastated by the anorexia death of a teenager, which thrust her into the limelight over the size zero slimming controversy.

Keira told Elle magazine: “The celebrity thing’s completely crazy. I think I just have to move away or give it up altogether.

“I couldn’t have kids in the situation I’m in now. But I could just do something else.

“That’s probably what’s going to happen. I made a decision very recently that I want a life instead.”

Keira, voted among the world’s most beautiful women, stopped working in November.

It coincided with the death of Sophie Mazurek, 19 - and the appearance of ultra-slim images of Keira on a website promoting anorexia.

The star said: “I felt terrible.

“The photos made it look like I was promoting something I absolutely was not. I’m just naturally thin.”

It seems an odd reason to abandon such an incredibly successful career, what does everyone think?

Noooo!

I've seen this article in other places, and quotes have been twisted around. Anyway, i probably think people are taking what she said out of context and making it bigger than it really is.

p.s. "Stopped Working in Novemember", right. She was filming in Janurary and starts filming another movie in May with Cillian Muprhy. Rolling eyes

Yeah, I thought that a little fishy myself.

ed: VVV As if anyone didn't know who she is ;) Still, any opportunity to post Keira pictures is worth seizing.

Just in case someone isn't sure who she is ;)

I see a titty! *giggle*

Why has someone posted a picture of a stick in a jacket? I mean, its a nice jacket, its just a little odd.

She is skinny, but it's inside what counts ;)

It want be inside for long, isn't she beleamic or summin :)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 2, 2007, 6:37 PM

Why has someone posted a picture of a stick in a jacket? I mean, its a nice jacket, its just a little odd.

Damn you internet males!

DAMN YOU!

Sorry Reinend I think what Matthew meant was 'who's that fat bird in the jacket?' Is that better?

She is a very attractive young lady who has the world at her feet either way. If she does quit movies for good, which I doubt, she will still do well with her life. Bet she is back in a movie within the next 7 years.

In the yahoo entertainment Keira says
"."I couldn't have kids in the situation I'm in now. But I could just do something else. That's probably what's going to happen. I'm just not so hungry any more".

Yey defo has a eating disorder. She is annie, if ever there was one.

She is thin, i thought that was a advert for ikea's new coat stand, but she is gorgeous, she must be the only a-list celeb who you can take for a meal and spend less that £10 and thats for your scampi and fries.

I can imagine that she has briefly entertained the notion of quitting but I doubt those thoughts will sustain. I mean, I'm sure she's made a decent amount of money to date... enough to keep the wolves away from her door for the rest of her life anyway... but it's hardly ever money that drives people like her is it?

If she quit, she'd soon be craving the life (although not necessarily its trappings) again.

It could simply be a load of hype of course. Get us thinking 'oh no... please don't go Keira... we love you' etc. And then we'd be ever so grateful when she didn't.

Bah!

She's pretty, but she's a truly rubbish actor.

She's like the female version of Orlando Bloom. They should both quit.