The All In One Consolidatory Golf Thread Page 14

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 10th April 2022, 10:53 PM

It's not over till it's over

Or until the fat lady sings as it used to be known in less enlightened times.

Good finish to the US Open
With a Brit, Fitpatrick in the mix ( currently in the joint lead )

Fantastic Victory
Brits don't win the US open very often
Well Done Fitzpatrick, great stuff

And a Yorkshire lad to boot...

He was thereabouts in THE USPGA as well I noticed when I looked back at the final leaderboard
And that Salatoris was up there as well so I'm sure He'll get more chances

There could have been a very different story at the US Masters yesterday.
A horn was blown to suspend play because of the threat of lightning and a possible oncoming storm.
The crowd dispersed and as they were coming back, two massive pine trees fell over right where the crowds had just been.
There would have been deaths.
This is a picture of them coming down landing with a massive wumphhh

How did they land? 😁

The Ryder Cup starts tomorrow Europe V Yanks.

That's my weekend sorted.

It's being played in Rome - so not so many Americans chanting U.S.A. all through it.

Oh yes thanks I knew it was sometime soon but hadn't been following the golf for a while. The only golf comp I make sure I watch and the only time I support Europe. Will check out the lineups to stick a few £1 flutters on. Hope Poulter's playing.

I've said it before and no doubt I'll say it again. Probably in two years' time (if I'm spared - and pandemics permitting):

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 27th September 2021, 8:37 AM

...it is a ludicrous concept - joining up with the rest of Europe just because, for a few years in the past, we couldn't beat the USA on our own (although nowadays we'd have more chance). We might as well invite Federer, Nadal and Djokovic to join our Davis Cup team.

The UK and Europe spend most of our time in confrontation with each other while we are told we have a "special relationship" with the USA. Then, for three days every two years, we are supposed to get behind a team of Spaniards, Italians and, yes, on occasion, even French and Germans, against our traditional allies.

Ludicrous!

Yes Billy, so throwing caution to the wind and to hell with upsetting Lazz and his cohorts........................makes you proud to be British, as I stand here with a lump in my throat 😁

As usual, some American golfers are bad sportsmen.
Cantlay throwing a wobbly because the teams are not paid to play even though it has always been a charity event.
And we are talking about multi-millionaires here.

He didn't go to the official dinner and has sulked in the corner of the dressing room away from the team talks.
Then he refused to wear the team cap while playing.
The crowd cottoned on though and waved their caps at him while chanting a ditty about no cap.

But at the 18th when Mclroy needed a putt to tie, his caddy waved his cap in his eye-line.

Never seen such a riled Rory, great to see such passion from the Brits er Europeans. I think that incident will remind them not to take their foot of the pedal today and get as big a win as they can. Not hard to see what that Cantlay's going to be called from now on. Doesn't do golf any more favours either, as some of the top pros are increasingly seen as mercenary, arrogant, egotistical and unsporting. So at least it's nice not to see Phil Mickelson there.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th September 2023, 9:25 AM

Yes Billy, so throwing caution to the wind and to hell with upsetting Lazz and his cohorts........................makes you proud to be British, as I stand here with a lump in my throat 😁

No problem.
The sight of all those EU flags cheers me right up.

Quote: Lazzard @ 1st October 2023, 12:12 PM

No problem.
The sight of all those EU flags cheers me right up.

Doesn't change the tune, which you said "Personally I think "Land of Hope and Glory" is a rotten tune"