The All In One Consolidatory Golf Thread Page 11

Yes I thought it was a sting in the tale thing, but why the flower?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 17 2013, 1:56 AM BST

Yes I thought it was a sting in the tale thing,

I'm not that deep/clever. ;)

Play it again, Sam Steve!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E06cNv55jTs

but why the flower?

Justin Daffodil Rose

:D

Very pleased for him!

British open tomorrow!

Had a couple of little bets on 'Poult's'

16/1 to finish in the top 10

5/1 to finish in the top 5

It's time he did well in an open
But it's mainly a fun bet because I like the guy.

Gone tenner on Westwood, 34-1. Has to land a major one day, and he's at that age when old triers finally do it, Clarke, Harrington etc. EW bet on Donald. And thinking about Garcia again! :S

Spare a thought for the dear old pitch and putt course at Rottingdean. As far as I know, it is still on sale with an option to opt out of the golfing facility.

The not very Green preparations were ironic. Normally in winter time, the sales machine closes down and a few hardy types knock a few balls around for free.

But in Autumn 2012, Councillors ordered officials to drive across the gigantic craters in their roads and fill in the 18 holes on the course with concrete!

Westwood might do it one day but not with any more of my cash on his back.
At this level, brilliance doesn't count for anything. Luck and fearlessness is what gets the winner through and I don't think Westwood has the latter.

Tiger woods has all the accouterments but 5 years since his last major??

I do love a bet on the majors though and I probably haven't finished yet. You get good odds and your bet is live for so long.

Good luck Alfred.

Cheers and you. I never win tho because I won't back yanks. Garcia's my costly one always but he's looking good again. Teary Maybe a fiver, no more.

I don't know if I have said before on here but it's a golf thread and only golf fans will look in but I went to the British Open a couple of years ago.
I play of course and wanted to see the difference between me a high handicapper and a pro.

I made sure I was stood right behind Tiger Woods on the tee.
I remember thinking this is the best golfer in the world right in front of me.
All the kit he is wearing I can go buy in the golf shop, the clubs too. In fact you can buy them right there at the course. The place is packed out with golf equipment lorries.

The balls and tees are not special to him either - all stuff you can just walk in and buy.

So I was stood right behind him, Tiger with Driver in hand.

He drew it back in an arc with a ramrod straight arm but went further back than I can, then POW
He released everything with his body uncoiling like a spring. The noise of the ball / club connection was beautiful and I watched the ball going away steadily rising.

At the point where I expected the ball to start coming back to earth (where mine normally do) it carried on still steadily rising.

It eventually disappeared from what my eyes could detect. It went to a pinprick on the horizon to nothing. Then a little man with a marker ran out on to the fairway to show where the ball had landed.

At that moment, I knew the difference between a pro and me. It doesn't look the same on TV you don't get the feel of how far they are hitting it. And Tiger is not the longest hitter.

Come on Lee
Do a nice job on the 18th & take a good lead into tomorrow.

Does he have the right stuff though. I hope he does, we will know for sure after tomorrow.

He's had some good putting advice from Ian Baker Finch.
Often in these situations the putter has let him down.
It's going to be an open Open.

I don't think my bet on the open is going to come off. Ian Poulter to finish in the top 10. He is joined 19th place and has been cursing the course instead of taking it on the chin and going for it.

But I shall still cheer him on, many have come from behind with a brilliant last round.

Lee will never have a better chance, 2 shots on the field. If he only manages an even par round it might be good enough. But Tiger is lurking there and he knows how to do it. A fascinating days golf in prospect.

Had a nice little touch there with a £10 and £5 bet = £200 return.

Lee as usual didn't have the minerals. Not only nervous play but bad decisions. A par round would have seen him into a play-off.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ July 21 2013, 6:07 PM BST

Had a nice little touch there with a £10 and £5 bet = £200 return.

Angry
Yet again didn't back my winner with an each wayer, which would've brought some in, so another 50 quid lost. But much worse than that that preening Yankee tosser I can't stand won it. Angry Angry Angry 'I'd like to thank myself for playing so darn well again, my family, me, the camera. God I'm good'

Next time Alfred, bet before it has started on the specialty bets page.

As in, top 10, top 7, top 5. Far better value than just each way - just one stake. (easy to say after winning I know)