Sick of ironic post modern jokes

It was both new and funny back in the 90s. But I think enough is enough. It really has become boring. "it's not racist, I'm being ironic".

Good point, Chalky.

I'm sick of stuff that uses "modern", "mockumentary" etc as an excuse for not being funny.

I'm also very bored of comics referring to Hitler, like it makes their material 'edgy'. I'm soooooo over the Nazi's.

*Yawns*

Wouldn't it be ironic if being ironic became so unfashionable it became ironic in it's self?

Quote: sootyj @ March 8 2010, 9:06 PM GMT

Wouldn't it be ironic if being ironic became so unfashionable it became ironic in it's self?

No.

And we'll have no more of that nonsense in this thread. Thank You!

How about switching being ironic for being Byronic?

Quote: sootyj @ March 8 2010, 9:35 PM GMT

How about switching being ironic for being Byronic?

Is that when you claim to like sex with both men and women but really you don't?

Back to the thread, yes, too many people say racist things under the cloak of post-modern irony. But they're mainly foreigners.

Laughing out loud

If that wasn't a joke then my smiley is ironic.

I'd be interested to discuss a few specific examples.Has the "Post Modern Ironic" terminology become a bit of a cliche or at least a lazy generalization.

I think we should all be more like James Corden and be......

PIERONIC!

:D
Very Toast Modern.

I prefer ROAST modern humour.

I received a contemporary fish through my letterbox this morning.
It was a Post Modern Tuna

Quote: Badge @ March 8 2010, 9:38 PM GMT

Back to the thread, yes, too many people say racist things under the cloak of post-modern irony. But they're mainly foreigners.

The irony is, that's xenophobia, not racism.

I think.

Quote: AngieBaby @ March 8 2010, 9:05 PM GMT

I'm also very bored of comics referring to Hitler, like it makes their material 'edgy'. I'm soooooo over the Nazi's.

*Yawns*

Personally I can't see Hitler ever going out of fashion in comedy, but ofcourse it is anything but original now. For me, Al Murray does a lot of good stuff about the Nazis still, making it somehow fresh again, but Lordy the American Jewish comedy mob were doing the same stuff 45, 50 years ago and it was very funny and cutting edge then. So yes I can see why some get very bored with it now, but I have to say I'm not one of them. I love a good Nazi routine.