Sick of ironic post modern jokes Page 2

Quote: Badhead @ March 8 2010, 1:20 PM GMT

It was both new and funny back in the 90s. But I think enough is enough. It really has become boring. "it's not racist, I'm being ironic".

Yes. Absolutely. What we really need is some good, old-fashioned, genuine racism. Not that bloody irony. I find that terribly offensive.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ March 9 2010, 9:15 AM GMT

Personally I can't see Hitler ever going out of fashion in comedy,

Probably not until we get a new standard of evil.

And I know the Nazis were 60-odd years ago but the Mitchell & Webb "Hans, are we...the baddies?" was still very funny indeed.

Hitler is just a great comedy shorthand. Did you ever hear Louis CK talking about how, if he had a time machine, he would go back in time, not to kill Hitler, but to rape him? That's a very funny bit. It's all about context really.

Brits have got every right to write and perform comedy about Hitler, considering the horror he put our Grandparents through.

Quote: catskillz @ March 9 2010, 11:18 AM GMT

Brits have got every right to write and perform comedy about Hitler, considering the horror he put our Grandparents through.

Right, can we ever pour enough scorn or ridicule on the guy?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ March 9 2010, 9:15 AM GMT

I love a good Nazi routine.

Brandenburg - or Spring Time for Hitler?

Quote: Afinkawan @ March 9 2010, 10:59 AM GMT

Probably not until we get a new standard of evil.

Peter Mandelson.

The Mitchell and Webb and Louis CK 'Hitler' bits are funny because they are different.

Some comedians think that just mentioning Hitler is enough to make their material dark and edgy.

No, it's lazy, and tedious.

Except when Al Murray does it, he makes it sound fresh and modern again.

I'm starting to find all the Daily Mail jokes/references a bit tedious.

I'm not too familiar with Al's Hitler stuff, but I'll check it out. I seem to recall he is of Austrian descent (?) so may have a unique take on it.

I'm referring specifically to when comedians say things like 'He was like like Hitler', or 'I had a nightmare, Hitler was...' Blah, blah, blah....

Surely they could find some other, more relevant evil people?

For starters there's Mugabe, genocide; Amin, cannibalism; Zuma, rape and Vernon Kay, who sent a couple of saucy texts to page 3 models.

I still rather enjoy a well made Fritzl reference.

*high fives Zooo*

Hell yeah, we don't need to go back to those 'ration book' evils, our generation's got Fritzl.

And Thatcher

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ March 10 2010, 9:39 PM GMT

I'm starting to find all the Daily Mail jokes/references a bit tedious.

Yeah, all that 'If you read this, then you're like this...' Bollocks!

I say if you're a 'Metro' reader, then you're probablly lying in bed reading this, because you're ill from all the germs on those free newspapers.