Jonathan Ross quits BBC Page 3

I don't like the never-ending game bits where members of the public ring up and waffle on for ages. But the rest of it is very comforting, cosy listening. I really like it.

Quote: zooo @ January 7 2010, 2:13 PM GMT

I don't like the never-ending game bits where members of the public ring up and waffle on for ages.

Yeah, they are annoying, the bloody public! I usually make myself a cup of tea when they're on. And, if it's cold, blast myself with a hairdryer.

I have to work Saturdays so I've never heard his radio show so I don't know what sort of impact this loss will have. Mind you, if the customers are even more miserable and even bigger twats than they usually are on a Saturday I suppose I will have some measure on his worth to the nation. Conversely they may be in a better mood having not had to listen to him whilst queueing to gain access to the car park.

On a more sensible note, perhaps the BBC could replace him with his more talented sibling, Paul.

Quote: KJSmyling @ January 7 2010, 2:18 PM GMT

his more talented sibling, Paul.

Laughing out loud

I think Paul Ross is too busy on Freeview Channel 23, selling box set DVDs and duvet covers.

Good news, 18 million to spend on new comedy and drama over the next 3 years? Or more likely more reality shows and celebrity games - Dancing on Jonathan Ross on Ice sounds like it could be on the cards?!

Quote: john lucas 101 @ January 7 2010, 2:25 PM GMT

I think Paul Ross is too busy on Freeview Channel 23, selling box set DVDs and duvet covers.

I was hoping for one of these for Christmas http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001N6W8U0/comedyguide-21/

I got socks.... again

Quote: chipolata @ January 7 2010, 1:59 PM GMT

I put XX to denote the various years JR has been on the film show. XX could be 2007 or 2009 or even 2005.

Ah I see now. Laughing out loud

Quote: KJSmyling @ January 7 2010, 2:36 PM GMT

I was hoping for one of these for Christmas http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001N6W8U0/comedyguide-21/

I got socks.... again

:O I mean, great if you're a Paul Ross fan, but, still, :O

Quote: john lucas 101 @ January 7 2010, 2:51 PM GMT

:O I mean, great if you're a Paul Ross fan, but, still, :O

You have to, really have to, read the reviews, some of them are pure genius...

kjs

Quote: KJSmyling @ January 7 2010, 3:04 PM GMT

You have to, really have to, read the reviews, some of them are pure genius...

kjs

Quote:

'If you only buy one 20 inch canvas print of Paul Ross this year, this is the one to get. '

This is like some bloody amazon spoof. Mentalists!

Quote: john lucas 101 @ January 7 2010, 3:11 PM GMT

Quote:

'If you only buy one 20 inch canvas print of Paul Ross this year, this is the one to get. '

This is like some bloody amazon spoof. Mentalists!

The same thing happened with a Wolf print T-Shirt a while back. Folks started giving it glowing, if slightly mental, reviews and the thing climbed to the top of the popular items listing... It's nice to see that people can screw around with big business even if it's only in a silly way...

I wonder what we can get to the top of the listing?

Cue Marc...

Quote: zooo @ January 7 2010, 4:16 PM GMT

Cue Marc...

Yes, I think we'd all like to snooker cue Marc. Unimpressed

Quote: zooo @ January 7 2010, 12:22 PM GMT

I've just thought. What on earth is Ricky Gervais going to appear on now? :O

A scaffold, with any luck.