Jonathan Ross quits BBC Page 2

Film 20XX is on too late anyhow.

I haven't watched it for years.

He's like an entirely different person on that show. All serious. It confuses me. :)

Quote: zooo @ January 7 2010, 12:07 PM GMT

I haven't watched it for years.

He's like an entirely different person on that show. All serious. It confuses me. :)

I used to like it with old Barry "pruneface" Norman.

I don't even like Barry, but I did always watch it back then.
He used to be a bit creepy when he interviewed young actresses.

(By young I mean under 30, not suggesting anything about kids) ;)

Forget Film 20XX.

"Friday Night With Graham Norton"???

Thanks a lot Wossy.

I've just thought. What on earth is Ricky Gervais going to appear on now? :O

This is EXACTLY what I suggested he do (posted on here a couple of months ago). Can he pull it off? You know what...I'm not sure that he can. But he's a better man for trying.

Quote: zooo @ January 7 2010, 12:22 PM GMT

I've just thought. What on earth is Ricky Gervais going to appear on now? :O

Probably on a new BBC chat show called 'Ricky Gervais meets Ricky Gervais'.

To be honest, if I were 'Wossy' I'd quit Britain and start a new life in film production in the USA.

His wife has started producing films and he's not short of a showbiz contact or two.

Spookily, I started a thread a little while ago on who should replace Jonathan Ross - fear my powers!

Good grief, it's on the BBC home page and the main news page. He's quit, not died.

Let's think about this sensibly... Film 20XX, a puff piece to advertise mainly huge budget American films.

Friday Night with JR, a puff piece for mainly American stars to advertise their latest Film/Album/TV show.

Have we really lost anything of great worth? No

Will they be replaced with something even worse and cheaper to get to air? Most likely

How does XX equal Ten?

Quote: Marc P @ January 7 2010, 1:56 PM GMT

How does XX equal Ten?

It clearly doesn't, perhaps I should have gone with Film 20?? to save you ancient Romans getting confused in your old age.

Quote: Marc P @ January 7 2010, 1:56 PM GMT

How does XX equal Ten?

I put XX to denote the various years JR has been on the film show. XX could be 2007 or 2009 or even 2005.

Quote: KJSmyling @ January 7 2010, 1:53 PM GMT

Have we really lost anything of great worth? No

A radio show that usually plays at least two Bowie songs on a Saturday morning. :(

IMO the radio show is very good. Other than Simon Mayo and Mark Kermode doing the films on Friday afternoon, it's about the only non-scripted radio show I make a point of listening to every week. The interplay with Andy Davies is funny, and he genuinely asks his guests some interesting questions (something he often doesn't do on his TV show). So I'll be sad to see it go, especially if we end up with Ferne Cotton and Huey from the Fun Loving Criminals replacing him.