Too Soon Page 2

It was something along the lines of, and its not a very good joke btw, George Bush was told of a massacre at Virginia Tech university. His first response was 'whats a university.'

It seems lame now but I thought I was being edgy. Anyway I'll think i'll stick to jokes about religion, periods, virginas and racism. Much safer topics.

I can't think why that joke should have gone down like a lead balloon. It was a very wry and astute observation. For all anyone really knows, Bush could actually be a man of high education and learning. I doubt it very much but let's give the man the benefit of the doubt.

But I digress. Personally, I'd persevere and develop that line of comedy because it was a sharp observation of a man who, on his own admission, is being directed by God in his war against the axis of evil. In fact I'd take the point even further in just the same way that both Lenny Bruce and Bill Hicks developed their edgy comedy in their day.

If you cop out then I think you're doing yourself a grave disservice because after reading some of your excellent material here on BSG - and some of it has been exactly that - you should be expanding on the theme or else what's the point.

Thanks Baumski, thats very reasurring. I wasn't ever going to stop doing jokes like that. I quite like it when I die on stage because I know that my material is challenging the audience (or its crap). It doesn't worry me that much considering my hero, Sarah Silverman, occasinally still dies on stage but its never because her stuff isn't funny.

reading it, its not very good but if I saw you on stage delivering it and I would have at very least giggled!

Thanks Paul, I think

just had a gander at your myspace. love the alternative sexist joke. made me chuckle out loud it did

Thanks Nick, These jokes seem to be going down. If only there was BSG comedy club.