The Naked Narcotic Nutter Just Wouldn't

Well that certainly got your attention. Right i'm new to this game, not the writing game, this forum lark. Anywho I'm a writer that isn't in anyway related to some comical genius whatsoever, nor do I know Richard or Judy but I am a bloody good comedy writer that wants his fame and fortune. Not the Andy Whorhol type either. So if your interested and funny then what are you waiting for, drop me a line so I can suck every bit of your talent and get paid for writing it down. Only jesting, lets chat about it.

Hi Reiss. What have you written? Sitcom, sketches, stand up?

I have wrote six sitcom pilots that have all been reeeejected from the
BBC. The obviously like that seventies thang. god help it when they start
repeating the eighties for the next twenty years. At the moment i'm writing
my 7th called "Sun Flower Mile" about a young family living amongst a select
few of paisley cravat wearing expat free masons. You neve know.

Expats. Where is it based?

Rouillac...18 miles from Cognac...the place is full of vin yards and old expats that think they've invented the right to retire...they all tell porkies and invent new identities...they're probably on the run for not paying the bill on their pottery magazines or hiding from the insurance people...but i like it and my comedy is almost true to life

I would love to write a sitcom but I can never think of anything. May be I just need a kick start. I write a few sketches and spoof newspaper articles. Fair Play for having written loads of pilots.

Cor dont think i'm some sort of comical genius...they've all been rejected... i can't be that good. But i'll keep on writing...one day i'll make it...it's just that i dont know what anyone wants...family situations...sureal situations...any situations

I think that the situation is the vehicle for the laughs. I also think it's important to write what you think is funny and not try to do something that you think prod cos may want.

I guess so...all the sitcoms I've wrote are all different and set in bizarre situations...so I guess i'll keep plugging away..."my name is Earl" was the best comedy concept i've seen in ages and i sent one to the beeb called "Frozen Yogurt" but to no avail..."Sunflower Mile" is the one i can just feel it

You should post a few scenes and let us read a bit.

Reiss

Post one (or the first few scenes of one) in the 'Critique' forum and we'll have a read and let you know what we think.

Try sending some of your pilots to production companies rather than the BBC. The BBC don't have the same pressure to find 'the next big thing' whereas indies are always looking as it could make their company a big hit. You don't this so much with the Beeb.

Dan

Quote: Reiss Ellesse @ April 18, 2007, 4:41 PM

I have wrote six sitcom pilots that have all been reeeejected from the
BBC. The obviously like that seventies thang.

Hi Reiss, I've just read you're opening post, noted your phrasing, and wondered if you were in any way related to Charley Rance?

Afraid not whoever he is or isn't Just a plain old sitcom writer who's path to stardom hasnt yet been concreted. let alone gained the planning permission.

I will do....i'm new to this forum game so give me just a little time as once quoted by our very own Kyle...

Will do...by the way what a name was it given at birth or just aquired to get noticed in crowded bart situations

Just looked up Charley Rance on the Internet...never knew who SHE was ooops
no i'm not related...though she seems q funny on her site... started a sketch show about opposites acting together i think the concepts funny Like a policeman and a thief a dustman and a society girl and a horsey lady and an animal rights bloke etc etc any advice whatsoever or is it total nowhere ideas

Whoever HE is??????????????????????

How dare you.