Foot in the Door Page 2

You need a very cheap actor Martin you know where to come.

Thats me if you didn't get the hint.

Susan Nickson was, by no means, a 'nobody' when Two Pints was commissioned. Just very young.

Quote: JohnnyD @ April 17, 2007, 3:27 PM

I think BabyCow ask for filmed material.

... if you've done any. Otherwise they'll accept *the first ten pages* (only!) of a script. They say if you haven't grabbed their attention by ten pages, you won't in what follows, which is fair enough!

Dan

I just find it annoying that the first 10 pages have to be spectacular. Can't a script improve? bah.

Quote: JohnnyD @ April 17, 2007, 4:58 PM

Susan Nickson was, by no means, a 'nobody' when Two Pints was commissioned. Just very young.

Who/What was she then?

Whether or not she was a nobody doesnt matter; she got her big break winning a competition, which anyone could do if they were able to produce the goods.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ April 17, 2007, 8:18 PM

I just find it annoying that the first 10 pages have to be spectacular. Can't a script improve? bah.

Sadly not. When you think about it there are thousands of TV channels you can flick to so the first ten minutes has to grab you and keep you there.

Quote: Cameron Phillips @ April 18, 2007, 12:31 AM

Sadly not. When you think about it there are thousands of TV channels you can flick to so the first ten minutes has to grab you and keep you there.

Got to agree with Cameron here. The same happens on here when you read the first few scenes of someone's sitcom. How do you feel then? Sometimes you don't want to read anymore.

Dan

Zooo http://www.answers.com/topic/susan-nickson
summarises her pre-Two Pints career

Matthew
Whether she was a 'nobody' mattered in the context of the thread being about whether it was worth sending unsolicited scripts and my (implicit) suggestion that only unsolicited scripts from people with a track-record had a hope of being commisioned.

Gotta go with the fact that Nickson's past predisposed her to getting a commission. To win a major award and then have Kathy Burke appear in a one-off TV show is only going to make people look out for your name.

That she won a Beeb competition, would only really count if the author's name was not allowed to be seen with the script (Some competitions don't allow it, some do ... which is always more than suspicious.)

As to whether it was eventually deserved is another matter, depending on our individual take on Two Pints.

Quote: JohnnyD @ April 18, 2007, 8:48 AM

Zooo http://www.answers.com/topic/susan-nickson
summarises her pre-Two Pints career

Thanks JohnnyD. :)
She's almost exactly my age. Dammit.