A Prince Among Men

As a massive Chris Barrie fan I would love to see this sitcom but don't think they will ever repeat it or release it on DVD. Who's seen it and what was your views on it?

There's a good reason some sitcoms are mostly forgotten, James... :(

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 29 2009, 3:07 PM GMT

There's a good reason some sitcoms are mostly forgotten, James... :(

Was it really that bad?

Did you not see it James?

I thought it was actually okay for the sort of thing it was. It wasn't as good as Red Dwarf or Brittas. I think it's biggest problem was that the lead character was thick and in general thickos nomrally only work in the support cast. I was also dissapointed at the time I was an abosulte football obsessive and there wasn't enough football references for my liking.

Quote: Ronnie Anderson @ November 29 2009, 4:30 PM GMT

Did you not see it James?

I thought it was actually okay for the sort of thing it was. It wasn't as good as Red Dwarf or Brittas. I think it's biggest problem was that the lead character was thick and in general thickos nomrally only work in the support cast. I was also dissapointed at the time I was an abosulte football obsessive and there wasn't enough football references for my liking.

No I didn't see it I was to young and they've never repeated it.

Well, as I say it was okay but if you're a big Barrie fan it'd probalby only leave you dissapointed.

Quote: Ronnie Anderson @ November 29 2009, 4:36 PM GMT

Well, as I say it was okay but if you're a big Barrie fan it'd probalby only leave you dissapointed.

I'll never be disappointed with anything Chris Barrie is in. I wish there was a few clips I could see of it.

Watching this now...

Quote: Aaron @ November 29 2009, 5:06 PM GMT

Watching this now...

What? A Prince Among Men?

Yes.

Quote: Aaron @ November 29 2009, 5:25 PM GMT

Yes.

How?

I have it.

Anyway, first episode was mediocre. A couple of funny bits, but sparse. Didn't even have the charm of other funny-light sitcoms from the era. Perhaps a worthy 'experiment', so to speak, for a first series, but surprised it got to a second. Perhaps it improves later in the run.

Quote: Aaron @ November 29 2009, 6:16 PM GMT

I have it.

Anyway, first episode was mediocre. A couple of funny bits, but sparse. Didn't even have the charm of other funny-light sitcoms from the era. Perhaps a worthy 'experiment', so to speak, for a first series, but surprised it got to a second. Perhaps it improves later in the run.

How do you have a copy?

Magic!

Quote: Aaron @ November 29 2009, 7:53 PM GMT

Magic!

Seriously how do you have a copy?