American HIGNFY

Some of you may remember a few weeks back about the news that an American pilot for Have I Got News for You is being made. Some more details have now come out on Jimmy Mulville's Twitter account.

We now know it is being made for NBC. The host is Sam Seder, and the team captains are Greg Giraldo and Michael Ian Black.

I think I'll still like yours better. But I do like their choice for team captains.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a comedy news based quiz on American TV before.

Quote: chipolata @ November 18 2009, 11:32 AM GMT

I'm surprised there hasn't been a comedy news based quiz on American TV before.

Well, panel games are not that big in the States. Whose Line is it Anyway? is the only one of note. Most of the satire is done on programmes like The Daily Show.

Exactly Ian. The Daily Show and The Colbert Report are the two satire type shows that everyone is familiar with, while Bill Maher's show on HBO is the only actual panel show that I can think of and is always very funny.

It's a great format, I'm sure you'll begin to see it more and more over there. These shows are dirt cheap to make and are often very entertaining. We have so many of them now, but I don't mind that one bit.

Massive Michael Ian Black fan (The State, Stella, Michael and Michael ... even Witstream) so am really excited about this.