Big Top Page 11

Everytime I see her now all I can think about is her stupid facial expression when Susan Boyle was on Britains Got Talent

well as a far less sophisticated friend of mine would say...

"I wouldn't mind hanging out of the back of her" :)

I'd rather see her hanging with a meat hook in her back :)

Quote: chipolata @ December 3 2009, 12:04 PM GMT

She can't act, though, can she? She's atrocious.

I disagree, I think she's really good. Haven't watched Big Top yet.

Quote: Marc P @ December 3 2009, 12:10 PM GMT

I disagree, I think she's really good. Haven't watched Big Top yet.

I don't doubt Miss Holden's talents, but I think you'll find that she's been given a pointless character and a dog of a script in this one. I doubt even the best comic actresses in the world (Julia Davis, Julie Walters and Miranda Richardson, since you're not asking) could have done much better with this.

Quote: Marc P @ December 3 2009, 9:23 AM GMT

I haven't watched this yet but Amanda Holden is lovelym so very much looking forward to it.

As Dolly Dagger might say: If this featured a male comic in the lead, I doubt we would be having this discussion.

So is it okay now to have a prediposition to a sitcom based on the perceived physical attractiveness of the lead actress?

As for Amanda Holden in Big Top, in long shots she looks great, that costume is double sexy, however when they show her in close up, her face does resemble a 'death mask' - which could be the botox, the lighting or the make up - or a combination of all three factors.

Still anything that distracts from the Godawful script is a bonus.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 3 2009, 12:31 PM GMT

As Dolly Dagger might say: If this featured a male comic in the lead, I doubt we would be having this discussion.

So is it okay now to have a prediposition to a sitcom based on the perceived physical attractiveness of the lead actress?

I said that she was lovely. Not that she was lovely looking.

Quote: Marc P @ December 3 2009, 12:47 PM GMT

I said that she was lovely. Not that she was lovely looking.

Sorry Marc, though I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion. Do you know her personally - either by professional means or through the eye piece of your night vision goggles? - or is she just generally well known for being lovely?

Please explain the basis for Amanda Holden's lovliness - your time starts...now!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 3 2009, 12:51 PM GMT

Sorry Marc, though I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion. Do you know her personally - either by professional means or through the eye piece of your night vision goggles? - or is she just generally well known for being lovely?

Please explain the basis for Amanda Holden's lovliness - your time starts...now!

I have met her personally through professional means yes. And she was lovely to me and to my work :D

Quote: Marc P @ December 3 2009, 12:53 PM GMT

I have met her personally through professional means yes. And she was lovely to me and to my work :D

That's really nice to know, I'm quite chuffed for you. Unfortunately, any criticism you might have of Big Top will now be considered biased and your opinion compromised. That's not very professional Marc, I must say.

;)