My Family 2009 Christmas Special Page 3

The premise and the idea was good, and they looked convincing enough for it to be set in 2039. However, it was awful. Unfunny lines, crazy lots and repetiitous and boring characterisations- partcularly Roger. And the food fight was utter rubbish and shows Fred Barron and the other writers are running out of ideas. It is a shame when you think back to the orginal first couple of series of My Family whhich far better.

Quote: Robert D @ December 25 2009, 3:44 PM GMT

As a viewer, the "2039" stuff could have worked but they were lazy with their ideas. The whole episode could have been so much better if it was given more "soul".

Ah, "soul".

:P

I enjoyed the special. I thought it dragged a bit at times and there were moments where it wasn't great but on the whole it was good Christmas viewing. I hope the series gets better for the upcoming series.

Quote: garyd @ January 11 2010, 7:26 PM GMT

Ah, "soul".

:P

:D

(Git ;) )

Sadly I can't comment, I recorded it meaning to watch it, and the damn disc went faulty lol

Quote: Rob Ster @ February 2 2010, 9:27 AM GMT

Sadly I can't comment, I recorded it meaning to watch it, and the damn disc went faulty lol

They sat on a couch in a white room with Roger's head in a case (like in Futurama) whilst talking about the past and playing clips.

Didn't miss much. 6 million people wasted their time.

Quote: David Carmon @ February 2 2010, 2:56 PM GMT

They sat on a couch in a white room with Roger's head in a case (like in Futurama) whilst talking about the past and playing clips.

Didn't miss much. 6 million people wasted their time.

90% of the clips were new though. Although, the episode did lack laughs, thus a clip show probably would have been funnier :)

It actually seems to be the 2005 Christmas episode but I'm just about to watch this on Gold.

OK - well maybe I'm not. Gold has just appeared on my package and I can watch things as they are shown but not on catch-up. I apparently have to upgrade!