My Family 2009 Christmas Special

Has anyone heard anything more about this?

I remember some where a bit sceptical about the Wikipedia entry.

Once Upon a Time In Chiswick By Brian Leveson and Paul Minett
24 December 2009 75 minutes

Susan is feeling down after Janey points out that Nick has 'got away' with not attending four Christmases in a row now, so she decides to invite him - much to Alfie's dismay. Meanwhile, Roger's depressed after not getting a Christmas card from Abi, so after taking a leaf out of Susan's book, he invites her to come to his at Christmas - but how much does the convent mean to her? Later, Alfie packs his bags and puts them in the hallway, causing Ben to fall over them whilst drunk and break his arm. Also, Janey decides to forget about boyfriends and look after Kenzo, but Kenzo's not interested. An uncomfortable atmosphere decends upon the Harper's festive celebrations as Nick hasn't turned up but a knock on the door might just put a smile on Susan's face.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_My_Family_episodes#Christmas_Special_.282009.29

If it is 75 minutes, it will be the longest episode so far, and the same length as the Fools and Horses reunion specials.

Yeah, there was some discussion of this special in the previous series thread. The synopsis on Wikipedia seems both believeable and a little too perfect at the same time.

Quote: Roodeye @ October 22 2009, 7:25 AM BST

'My Family' is perhaps the least funny sitcom ever to be excreted onto a TV screen.

Apart from Spaced. ;)

This episode has been proved to be false since its debut on Wikipedia. A source via My Family Online says that it is fan-made.

I really like My Family, when I saw Christmas special I thought oh goody! :D

Quote: Robert D @ October 23 2009, 5:11 PM BST

This episode has been proved to be false since its debut on Wikipedia. A source via My Family Online says that it is fan-made.

Well, apparently, part of the storyline maybe true (the stuff about Alfie packing his bags etc) but the stuff about Nick appearing is very much a rumour and may or may not happen, though since I found out how the rumour about him appearing in the special came about, I'm not leaning either way towards "not going to appear" or "going to appear", I'm just gonna wait and see. :)

Quote: Tom Simpson @ October 23 2009, 8:18 PM BST

... Though since I found out how the rumour about him appearing in the special came about ...

How did it come about?

If it is a 75 minute episode, I'd be happy.

Yeah, how did it come about?

Well, apparently he was rumoured to be making an appearance in the CIN special (which isn't happening now), and different pieces of information etc got confused and for various reasons it then turned into a rumour about him appearing in the Christmas Special.

What's the CIN special?

And thanks for the links. I've now joined the forum. I got Series 6 and 7 in the post today, with 8 and 9 on the way.

Saw Robert Lindsay on The One Show last night too.

The Children in Need 2009 special. Was going to see Nick ring Ben up. Ben was then going to spend the full six minutes talking him into not coming home.

I found a picture of my wife kissing another man in the garage this afternoon, a love letter from one of her ex's and GCE 'O'Level certificates. Should I be concerned?

According to the My Family forum, the special is not the one advertised on Wiki. And there's no Nick.

The special on Wiki has gone. Along with the CiN special.

Quote: Dave @ October 27 2009, 7:43 PM BST

According to the My Family forum, the special is not the one advertised on Wiki. And there's no Nick.

Quote: Robert D @ October 27 2009, 9:26 PM BST

The special on Wiki has gone. Along with the CiN special.

Quote: Tom Simpson @ October 24 2009, 2:13 PM BST

Well, apparently he was rumoured to be making an appearance in the CIN special (which isn't happening now), and different pieces of information etc got confused and for various reasons it then turned into a rumour about him appearing in the Christmas Special.

Oooh, the plot thickens... which is not something you usually hear said in relation to My Family.

Such revulsion towards such a innocuous series.