The BCG bar. Page 20

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 1 2009, 11:15 AM BST

It's a London thing. Still none of them are single... ;)

...I'm single out of choice. Theirs.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 1 2009, 11:09 AM BST

Blokes are even too scared to go into Boots? :O

It's one of those places that make us 'real' men feel uncomfortable. Ask us to go into Currys or Halfords and we're away, strutting around like the cock o' the walk.

Argos is truly unisex as they sell both power tools and jewellery - though when I went to buy a Disney Magic Castle Pink Kitchen thing for my neice and the bloke behind the counter yelled 'Number 581, a Disney Magic Kitchen!' and I stepped up, I could see a couple of other shoppers sniggering.

When I want to feel truly sexist, I go into any department store in the middle of London. Women get 9 floors full of clothes and men get a tiny corner in the basement. And when we get to our sad corner so we can buy a shirt, who is standing in the way? Yes, more women. That's right, they're bored with having 9 whole floors of clothing and have come down to try and seize the corner in the basement as well.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 1 2009, 11:24 AM BST

It's one of those places that make us 'real' men feel uncomfortable.

I'm more comfortable in Boots than I am in Halfords.

Well, naturally, there's more women to leer over in Boots. ;)

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 1 2009, 12:00 PM BST

Well, naturally, there's more women to leer over in Boots. ;)

They've very clean women, too. Always a bonus.

Well, yes, up to a point... Whistling nnocently

Too clean if you ask me *raises eyebrow*

I'm with Howard Hughes. You can never have "too clean".

Quote: Aaron @ October 1 2009, 5:07 AM BST

Yep. Although from a couple of recent experiences, Dolly's assessment of the situation ("...might be pleased you bother (if you're buying mens stuff)..." - although God knows I need it) makes sense too.

Ditto Claire's Accessories...

You've used so many brackets there I'm not sure what you're saying!

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 1 2009, 11:09 AM BST

Blokes are even too scared to go into Boots? :O

We all know men buy toothpaste and shaving foam and soap, why would you find it intimidating?

All the men I know gay and straight use grooming products and aren't embarrassed to buy them - and they look good for their age and smell nice.

I used to get my films (photos) developed at Boots. Cheeky c**ts used to put the 'this is a good photo, have you considered an enlargement' type stickers on the naughty photos.

I've never had any qualms about entering a Body shop or any place selling such stuff. But I don't use shaving foam any more. It's a con. Couldn't buy it when in a remote part of Indonesia. Just need a razor and water. Aftershave is nice though.

Don't they let recovering heroin addicts into Boots really early on Monday mornings to get their methodone and whatnot?

Quote: chipolata @ October 1 2009, 12:48 PM BST

Don't they let recovering heroin addicts into Boots really early on Monday mornings to get their methodone and whatnot?

Do you reckon I could get in early as well? I don't mind shopping with heroin addicts but screaming kids and their snotty parents...urgh

Quote: Kenneth @ October 1 2009, 12:43 PM BST

Couldn't buy it when in a remote part of Indonesia. Just need a razor and water. Aftershave is nice though.

Didn't it tear your face off though?

Quote: Gavin @ October 1 2009, 12:51 PM BST

Do you reckon I could get in early as well? I don't mind shopping with heroin addicts but screaming kids and their snotty parents...urgh

Yeah I'd shop with the addicts compared to the shouting children!

Quote: Paul W @ October 1 2009, 12:53 PM BST

Yeah I'd shop with the addicts compared to the shouting children!

We should set up a chain of shops were kids are banned, and teenagers, and yuppies, and space cadets, and people who don't put stuff back where they picked it up from.

Quote: Gavin @ October 1 2009, 12:51 PM BST

:)

Although the heroin addicts probably bring their kids too, who are also heroin addicts.