Amazing Funny Sketch Show

Has anyone else seen this brilliant new comedy sketch show called 'Splendid'??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EhVndZN06w

A unique and wonderfully random show of very silly and very funny comedy sketches!

Talented and silly British humour working at it's absolute best! Incredibly warped minds have made this show stand up tall as one of a kind!

Ooo that looks good! What's the deal with it? Have some comedy types gone out and made it themselves or is it a commission?

You shall find the answers you seek on this guys blog:

http://jasonarnopp.blogspot.com/

It totally reeks of really funnny ideas even within 20 seconds.

I will stay tuned to the Badger Channel to check this one out

This should be in 'Other British Comedy'. I have no life.

After watching the trailer for Splendid, I've come to the conclusion that it's everything that is wrong with British sketch shows.

No humour, no wit, no fleshed out characters, just people in bad wigs saying obscure things without any intelligence behind it.

The worst kind of 'monkey see, monkey do' imitatitive comedy. I imagine you'll get a commission from BBC Three, which loves churning out this type shit on a weekly basis. You could market it as the new 'Wrong Door' but without the CGI.

On the plus side, I do admire it's production values. Too bad it's a total crap-fest.

Yep, that's right, SuzieIrlam. We even shit on sub-3 minute trailers round these parts. ;)

Each to their own. I liked and would certainly give it a watch.

Are you involved with this SuzieIrlam? Where is it going to be broadcast?

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ August 27 2009, 4:01 PM BST

It's a pilot that some people have shot to show around. You'll find any info you need on it through the link I posted to one of the writers blogs.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 27 2009, 4:29 PM BST

It's a pilot that some people have shot to show around. You'll find any info you need on it through the link I posted to one of the writers blogs.

Cheers. But I mostly can't be bothered to read people's blogs. :)

Okay I did read it, but got to the bit about BBC radio encouraging new writers and him being invited to a workshop, etc and got angry. :)

Grrrr.... another person invited - yet I wasn't....

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ August 27 2009, 4:01 PM BST

I guess so as she posted this link on Shooting People too.

Got to 1.21 then . .

X X X

Three nos, sorry Guys

:P

Well, I finally got around to watching this, and it struck me that they'd spent all of the budget on the stunning visual design and production, forgetting to write anything funny in the script.

To be fair, it is only a trailer made up of various very quick snippets, so hard to judge the potential quality of sketches. Perhaps it would be better for them to use one or two full sketches as a proper taster? (Though posting them in 'Critique' rather than this section?)