We Are Klang Page 3

It's on BBC Three so it'll doubtless be repeated often.

Really puerile, silly and stupid. We Are Klang is utterly childish and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Thought it was a better attempt than Lab Rats at emulating the anarchic Young Ones, Goodies type of show and certainly a lot better than Vic and Bob.

Perhaps this show might be more popular with the under 10s and an older audience who remember their dads moaning about Rik and Ade being a load of rubbish and turning the telly over.

I think it probably works best for those who've seen the live stuff - otherwise it just looks juvenile and amateurish (which is basically deliberate). However, this really doesn't translate well to TV sadly.

Quote: youngian @ July 31 2009, 10:09 AM BST

and certainly a lot better than Vic and Bob.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

With Vic & Bob and Rik & Ade there were always dark undertones. A lot of Vic & Bob's stuff felt quite sinister, and Rik & Ade were always full of pent-up aggression; there was always the lurking threat of imminent violence.

I didn't get any of that, or anything similar, with Klang.

All I saw last night was a guy doing a Rik Mayall impression, a guy doing a Frank Spencer impression, another bloke, and a lot of jokes that were very silly, rarely clever, and infrequenty funny.

I'm one of the people who's never seen them before, however, so perhaps it's a grower.

I liked it. Silly, stupid fun. A good energy and chemistry between the performers. Hit and miss, but the hits did hit hard like a pie in the face.

Marek in particular is a comedy God in the making!

GQ magazine predicted that WAK would be the funniest show of the year, which now appears as accurate as the MET office's woeful "barbecue summer". http://www.gqmagazine.co.uk/gq-daily-news/articles/090714-james-mullinger-on-klang.aspx

Quote: The Giggle-o @ July 30 2009, 4:02 PM BST

I went to the recording of the first episode...

Where were you then? :D

I absolutely loved it.

Crazy childish humour. Which was just GREAT.

This is for kids, right?
Seriously, my ten year old would love it.
You wouldn't have to cut much and you could run it on cBBC.
(This is a genuine suggestion BTW)

As a grown-up, I haven't seen so much shit since TittyBangBang.

Quote: Lazzard @ July 31 2009, 3:51 PM BST

This is for kids, right?
Seriously, my ten year old would love it.
You wouldn't have to cut much and you could run it on cBBC.
(This is a genuine suggestion BTW)

As a grown-up, I haven't seen so much shit since TittyBangBang.

It might not have been your intention however I simply have to see this now with a review like that.

That bad eh?

Quote: Daddy Maz @ July 31 2009, 4:03 PM BST

It might not have been your intention however I simply have to see this now with a review like that.

That bad eh?

Those who are old enough might remember Mr. Pastry.
When I was 5 I thought he was a God.
I now see him for the c**t he was.

I feel much the same about this.
As I said , my kids would love it.

I liked it.

That Greg looks so much like Rik Mayall though it is really offputting.

Quote: jdubya @ July 31 2009, 2:27 PM BST

I absolutely loved it.

Crazy childish humour. Which was just GREAT.

It spoke to my inner child as well-someone mentioned that it was like Rentaghost, like that was a bad thing.