Beatles' back catalogue Page 2

Would be nice, but can't afford it.

Quote: Chappers @ July 17 2009, 1:05 AM BST

I'm very tempted.

They've also re-released all the Stones Cds from 1970 onwards except Exile. I may get these one at a time chronologically as I haven't got any of their albums.

I've been meaning to do this for a while. I used to listen to the Beatles on Vinyl as my parents had them all. My first wife had a fair bit of it on CD when we got together.

When we split up I realised I didn't actually own much of their stuff myself so I decided to go through each album, in chronological order and give it a proper listening to before buying the next one. And I did this in conjunction with reading Revolution in the Head.

It was brilliant and well worthwhile doing. So I've been meaning to do the same thing with the Stones and just haven't got round to it yet.

Didn't they have a whole album about a soft drink causing anti social flatulence?

Dr Pepper's lonely fart club?

That said the Dave Clarke 5 were the clearly superior band.

Quote: Kenneth @ July 17 2009, 12:56 AM BST

From a US website: The stereo set is listed at £199.99.

*wants* :(

Someone fetch these old boys some poultice and salve, stat!

Talking of Beatles vinyl, I saw the rare gold label version of Please Please Me for £8 at an antique fair some years ago. It was in a fairly ropey condition but still.

I ummed and ahhed for about 20 minutes befored deciding not to get it. The thing is, who would play the thing anyway? This record is on offer so infrequently, just owning it was all that mattered.

Later, I decided to go back but alas it was gone. There's one for sale on eBay now for £235 and I've seen them sell for £500.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Beatles-PLEASE-PLEASE-ME-1st-PRESS-UK-GOLD-LABEL-SUPERB_W0QQitemZ300330616308QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Records?hash=item45ed1985f4&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A3|66%3A2|39%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

That's the trouble umming and ahhing!