The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 21

I hope Owen makes the England squad for next year's World Cup, but he's going to have quite a job taking the starting place of Jermaine Defoe, judging by his performance the other night.

Think they're above the law as usual. What a slimey bastard that Vidic is.

West Ham's Callum Davenport has been stabbed in both legs, at his house!

Bloody hell!

Terrible. I wonder what he's been up to.

Did they say they'd arrested two blokes? Otherwise, domestic I reckon.

2 blokes but it makes you wonder about maybe a bit of corruption - ie paying someone to throw a game maybe.

Hmmm, interesting...

Quote: Geoff Mutton @ August 21 2009, 11:43 PM BST

Serious question;

Hope Powell has assembled a pretty reasonable England ladies team.

At what level could her side compete with male teams? Championship? League 2? Conference?

I didn't realise it was so imminent.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/women/8163380.stm

The lack of publicity is disgusting.

Quote: Spagett @ August 22 2009, 9:20 PM BST

Anyway nice to see Utd back on form today.

Is it? I disagree entirely.

Quote: Chappers @ August 22 2009, 11:05 PM BST

It was nice to see Paul Scholes stick his hand in someone's face and the referee ignoring it completely.

As much as I dislike Gallas, you can't deny his bizarre goal scoring abilities this season. I'm hoping that against Man U he scores with his knob, snooker style.

Nobody cares about Womens football which is why there has been no publicity.

Quote: Chappers @ August 22 2009, 11:05 PM BST

Best centre-half in the world. Rodagella should have been sent off for elbowing the ref.
Speaking of above the law, I watched the 2008 Champions League final on DVD this weekend and every decision the referee made, he was questioned by Michael Ballack. How he didn't get sent off that match for dissent is beyond me.

Quote: Jack Massey @ August 23 2009, 8:19 PM BST

Best centre-half in the world. Rodagella should have been sent off for elbowing the ref.
Speaking of above the law, I watched the 2008 Champions League final on DVD this weekend and every decision the referee made, he was questioned by Michael Ballack. How he didn't get sent off that match for dissent is beyond me.

Ah well Ballack was able to add to his lengthy list of Runners-Up medals after that so it all worked out.

Good to see owen getting off the mark for utd

hopefully he can do the same against wengers kids next week

Quote: Spagett @ August 23 2009, 9:18 PM BST

Ah well Ballack was able to add to his lengthy list of Runners-Up medals after that so it all worked out.

What a couple of months that was for him:
11th May 2008- Final day in Premier League- Man United win at Wigan, Chelsea including Ballack finish runners up
21st May 2008- Champions League Final Moscow- Ballack scores in penalty shoot out, but John Terry has some Vodka (made in London, Bottled in Moscow, one shot and you're on your arse) and Chelsea lose on penalties, another runners up medal for Ballack
29th June 2008- Euro 2008 Final. Germany, skippered by Ballack, lose 1-0 to Spain.

3 losers medals- Couldn't have happened to a nicer man.

I don't think Germany get enough credit for having reached so many World cup and Euro Champs Finals.