Liz Smith

Think she has made the right decision to retire. Great actress though, will be missed.

I always thought she was really old right from the first thing I saw her in which was I Didn't Know You Cared.

Great comedy actress.

My mum always says same about Peter Vaughan(Harry Grout,and IMO, the best of Shirley's dads in Citizen Smith) . Incidentally think he was something with Liz Smith recently they played a couple who grew cannabis, if mem. serves

My mum always says same about Peter Vaughan(Harry Grout,and IMO, the best of Shirley's dads in Citizen Smith) . Incidentally think he was in something with Liz Smith recently they played a couple who grew cannabis, if mem. serves

Quote: peter gazzard @ July 6 2009, 11:06 PM BST

My mum always says same about Peter Vaughan(Harry Grout,and IMO, the best of Shirley's dads in Citizen Smith) . Incidentally think he was something with Liz Smith recently they played a couple who grew cannabis, if mem. serves

My mum always says same about Peter Vaughan(Harry Grout,and IMO, the best of Shirley's dads in Citizen Smith) . Incidentally think he was in something with Liz Smith recently they played a couple who grew cannabis, if mem. serves

Mem appears to be going a bit there Ode Pal ! :)

She seems to have been playing old ladies for years, bless her.

She was very good as 'Mother' in A Private Function.

Quote: Oldrocker @ July 6 2009, 11:55 PM BST

Mem appears to be going a bit there Ode Pal ! :)

Realised I made a typo and correted it, didn't realise I'd made a duplicate :)

Liz didn't start acting until she was over 50.

Not too late for Keanu Reeves then.

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 7 2009, 10:02 AM BST

He's always got Dogstar to fall back on.

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 7 2009, 10:02 AM BST

:D cruel

On the plus side it means she got out of having to be interviewed by Johnathon Toss.
That alone could have killed her.

She will be missed.

Quote: Lazzard @ July 7 2009, 6:06 PM BST

On the plus side it means she got out of having to be interviewed by Johnathon Toss.

I'm pretty sure she would have considered being interviewed by Jonathan Ross (thats how you spell it) a priviledge. After all, he is by far the best interviewer around in this country.

Quote: Jacob Loves Comedy @ July 8 2009, 3:06 PM BST

I'm pretty sure she would have considered being interviewed by Jonathan Ross (thats how you spell it) a priviledge. After all, he is by far the best interviewer around in this country.

No.
He's a twat.
And he hasn't exactly got a lot of competition.
Or did you leave off the 'irony' emoticon?

Quote: Lazzard @ July 8 2009, 3:26 PM BST

No.
He's a twat.
And he hasn't exactly got a lot of competition.
Or did you leave off the 'irony' emoticon?

No my post was 100% serious. Just because he doesn't have competition doesn't mean he isn't any good. Why would the BBC pay him so highly. He's certainly not to everyone's taste I'll admit that, but I think he's great. He certainly isn't a twat.

Quote: Jacob Loves Comedy @ July 8 2009, 3:29 PM BST

No my post was 100% serious. Just because he doesn't have competition doesn't mean he isn't any good. Why would the BBC pay him so highly. He's certainly not to everyone's taste I'll admit that, but I think he's great. He certainly isn't a twat.

He's paid well because he's popular.
Just not with me.
Each to his own and all that.
I just think he's a bit 'lowest common denominator', that's all.
No hard feelings.