Mollie Sugden R.I.P. Page 2

Quote: zooo @ July 1 2009, 7:51 PM BST

Oh bugger.

For some reason this made me laugh, zooo. You put 'oh bugger' as if you could do something about it :D

RIP dear Mollie.

Will she be cremated or buried? Or stuffed, like her pussy, which withered away many years ago? Perhaps they should bury her pussy with her? Then again, her pussy always became very distressed when it was cold or damp, as I seem to recall.

RIP, Mollie...

A Great British performance in AYBS. Though for my money, the fact that she somehow managed to save That's My Boy! with her performance - making it both one of the worst and best sitcoms of my childhood - is testament to a great comic actress. (Am solemnly singing the theme tune whilst saluting.)

She was wonderful. There's great documentary on her included as an extra on the DVD of Series 5 (I think) of AYBS. Will have to buy the two seasons of Grace & Favour now on sale in a 2-disc set.

Just heard about this. So sad. My family doesn't "get" British television. But, my grandma, who has never said a dirty word or told a dirty joke in her entire life, watched an episode of AYBS with me and laughed like a crazy person at Mrs. Slocombe. I was quite proud of her.

Quote: peter gazzard @ July 1 2009, 9:33 PM BST

I vaguely remember That's My Boy, and saw a couple of episodes of My Husband And I. Thought they weren't bad

Haven't seen the latter, but really enjoy the first few series of the former. Went downhill a bit when they moved away, IMO.

Quote: Jack Massey @ July 1 2009, 9:11 PM BST

If it carries on like this, nobody's going to be free.

Or they'll all be free, depending on your outlook on life. :)
Aye, poor MS. As Tim said, a great British performer of the old school.

And she had a lovely crumpled face as well.

A fine comedy actress, she was the highlight of AYBS?. How she kept a straight face through all the pussy jokes is beyond me, I've been laughing my head off, just reading the quotes in the paper. A sad loss for British comedy, nice to see that she is remembered on here as one of the greats.