The Chaser's War on Everything

This Aussie prank sketch show is currently being repeated on BBC Four. It's a bit padded, but definitely worth a look as there's some good Trigger Happy TV style pranks in there (hijacking supermarket tannoy and making everyone stand still for a minute, for example)

Week 1 iPlayer

I thought it was really enjoyable.
BBC Four was great last Tuesday.
Sean Lock, Chasers & then Conchords.
Triffic!

I thought it was really rather good. I was expecting it to be a FOTC-style foreigners-make-show-for-UK, so a bit let down at first that it wasn't - but the Trojans soon made up for that.

The Trojan horse was classic.
And it worked most of the time, that's what surprised me.

Apar from the fake adverts and the sofa set introductions I really enjoyed this!

It's great when they show so much confidence that the public become unsure and don't really know what to do you can hear their minds wirring "I'm sure I'm not meant to let this horse in here but who would try something outrageous like that?"

The 1 minute silence was ace too!

Hmmm - caught it in error.. seemed a bit forced and not hugely amusing. A bit formulaic; I could see where it was going: speaking about tights over the head... I wonder if they'll walk into shops with tights over their heads?

*yawn*

So much for posting on existing threads and not creating new ones:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/13472#P425165

Quote: Kenneth @ July 2 2009, 12:18 AM BST

So much for posting on existing threads and not creating new ones

Oh God, I'm well embarrased now! What do they say, practice what you preach? Sorry!

Anyway, just a reminder this is on again tonight. I read somewhere (can't find it now) that this series we're seeing is actually many of their series cut together... it seems a shame the BBC aren't treating it better.

Quote: Mark @ July 7 2009, 11:50 AM BST

this series we're seeing is actually many of their series cut together... it seems a shame the BBC aren't treating it better.

It has hits and some cringe-worthy misses, and topical political stuff relevant only to Australia. Hopefully you're being spared the worst of the misses.

I was watching this the other night, and was surprised to hear them make a joke about Russell Brand. Is he really that well-known down under? How much UK TV do you actually get down there?

Quote: catskillz @ July 28 2009, 1:20 PM BST

... a joke about Russell Brand. Is he really that well-known down under? How much UK TV do you actually get down there?

1. The seriously unfunny dick with the long hair? Probably well known, as his show is screened by one of Australia's major commercial networks. I thought it was tiresome drivel.

2. Lots.

Incidentally, tonight's show (in Australia) of the Chaser's War on Everything is likely to be the final episode, ever. Their ratings took a big hit after their sketch about terminally ill children. A shame.

Quote: catskillz @ July 28 2009, 1:20 PM BST

I was watching this the other night, and was surprised to hear them make a joke about Russell Brand. Is he really that well-known down under? How much UK TV do you actually get down there?

It certainly looks like they have student rag week and the Chuckle Brothers.